The Asus ROG Swift PG27AQN, a high-end monitor with a fast refresh rate, may experience connectivity issues due to its technical specifications. It offers three HDMI 2.0 inputs and a DisplayPort 1.4a, which may seem like a lot, but the HDMI inputs are limited to a maximum refresh rate of 144Hz (or 240Hz at 1080p) and cannot handle 1440p at 360Hz. Only the DisplayPort 1.4a port can handle 360Hz.
- Screen Size: 27 Inches
- Resolution: 2560 x 1440 WQHD
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Panel Technology: In-Plane Switching (Fast IPS)
- Refresh Rate: 360Hz
- Response Time: 1ms
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
- Brightness: 400 cd/m² (600 cd/m² Peak)
- Built-in Speakers: Yes (2 x 2 Watts)
- Stand: Height – Yes
- Stand: Tilt – Yes
- Stand: Swivel – Yes
- Stand: Pivot – Yes
- VESA Compatibility: Yes (100 x 100)
- Connectivity: DisplayPort 1.4 DSC x 1, HDMI 2.0 x 3, USB 3.2 x 2, 3.5mm x 1
- Dimensions With Stand(WxHxD): 24.17″ x 20″ x 10.04″
- Weight: 18.52 lbs+
While it is disappointing that the monitor only has one input capable of handling 360Hz, this should not be a significant issue for those who intend to use only one high-end gaming PC.
The monitor also includes a USB-B upstream port that supports two USB-A downstream ports for connecting peripherals, which can be used with the Nvidia Reflex Analyzer. Additionally, there is a 3.5mm audio output, but the monitor lacks built-in speakers.
The cable management system is supplemented by a plastic cover that closes off access to the interface connectors. Both solutions are well-known and provide an adequate result when used together.