You probably have read the press release from Team Group last week, well, now you knwo who made its controller.
Phison announces the availability of the world's first 15.36 TB QLC customizable Enterprise SSD solution based on Phison's S12DC controller. Phison provides its customers with industry-leading SSDs that are customized to their needs by leveraging Phison's firmware, controller, PCBA design, and manufacturing. The S12DC QLC SSD is an ideal storage solution by delivering higher performance, lower power consumption, and greater rack storage density for read intensive storage applications that currently source hard disk drives.
- World's Highest Capacity 2.5" (7mm) 15.36 TB QLC SATA SSD. 1.92 TB, 3.84 TB, and 7.68 TB QLC SSDs are also available from this product family
- Exceptional performance and low power specifications make it an easy decision to replace hard drives:
- 530 MB/s sequential reads
- 220 MB/s sequential writes
- 90,000 random read IOPs
- 10,000 random write IOPs
- 4.5 W maximum active power
- 0.1 DWPD
- Greater rack storage density - fitting in the 2.5" (7mm) standard form factor with 15.36 TB, the S12DC QLC SSD uses approximately 1/8th of the physical space of a similar capacity 3.5" hard disk drive
- Enterprise SSD feature set includes end-to-end data path protection, power loss protection capacitors (pFail), and a 5-year warranty
- Availability: Phison began shipping the S12DC QLC SSDs to customers in August 2020
- For more details visit the web page: https://www.phison.com/en/S12DC-Enterprise-Customizable-Platform
"Phison is committed to offer our customers industry leading products with the highest level of customization," said K.S. Pua, CEO of Phison Electronics. "The S12DC QLC SSD is Phison's newest solution that offers the industry's first 15.36TB capacity available in QLC Enterprise SATA SSDs. Our customers appreciate Phison's unique business model where we can tailor make any level of modification in the S12DC QLC SSD to perform optimally in their applications. These modifications are the key differentiating features that our customers are proud to put their own brand name on."