Certification, Specs and Features
Energy efficiency certification
Corsair offers the RMx series PSUs as a Gold rated power supply as certified by the 80 PLUS organization (the people that certify and test efficiency). We already explained a little what that literally means. But what does such a certification entail? Well, 80 Plus (trademarked 80 PLUS) is a voluntary certification program intended to promote efficient energy use in computer power supply units (PSUs). Launched in 2004 by Ecos Consulting, it certifies products that have more than 80% energy efficiency at 20%, 50% and 100% of rated load, and a power factor of 0.9 or greater at 100% load. That is, such PSUs will waste 20% or less electric energy as heat at the specified load levels, thus reducing electricity use and bills compared to less efficient PSUs. Sometimes, rebates are given to manufacturers who use 80 Plus-certified PSUs.
|80 Plus test type||115 V internal non-redundant||230 V internal redundant|
|Percentage of rated load||10%||20%||50%||100%||10%||20%||50%||100%|
But there is plenty to choose from, we have standard 80plus, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and even Titanium certifications. A PSU that is certified 80 PLUS Gold or 80 PLUS Platinum is more efficient than your regular unit. Today's tested PSU is certified by the 80 PLUS organization to deliver a 90% energy efficiency at 50% load (USA) and 92% efficiency when your PC at 230 Volts (EU) based on 50% load. These units have active PFC with a power factor up to 0.99 and obviously are ErP compliant with a standby power drain below 0.12 watts.
Corsair RMx series power supplies are 80 PLUS Gold certified and give you extremely tight voltage regulation, virtually silent operation, and a fully modular cable set. With all Japanese 105°C capacitors, they’re a great choice for high-performance PCs where reliability is essential.
- RMx Series High-Performance ATX Power Supply
- AC power cord
- DC Modular cable set
- Cable ties
- User Manual
- Intel Core processor and AMD Ryzen Ready
- ATX12V v2.4 and EPS 2.92 standards and is backward compatible with ATX12V 2.2, 2.31, and ATX12V 2.01 systems
- Fully Modular: Only connect the cables your system needs, making clean and tidy builds easier.
- 135mm Magnetic Levitation Fan: Utilizes a magnetic levitation bearing and custom engineered rotors for high performance, low noise, and superior reliability.
- Dual EPS12V Connectors: For wide compatibility with modern graphics cards and motherboards.
- 100% Japanese 105°C Capacitors: Premium internal components ensure unwavering power delivery and long-term reliability.
- Modern Standby Compatible: Extremely fast wake-from-sleep times and better low-load efficiency.
- 80 PLUS Gold Certified: High-efficiency operation for lower power consumption, less noise, and cooler temperatures.
- Zero RPM Fan Mode: At low and medium loads the cooling fan switches off entirely for near-silent operation.
- Resonant LLC Topology with DC-to-DC Conversion: Provides clean, consistent power reduces coil whine for quieter operation, and enables use of more energy-efficient sleep states.
- Ten-Year Warranty: Your guarantee of reliable operation that will last across several system builds.
The RMx Series allows for the fan to remain off at low to medium loads for virtually silent operation. And when you’re pushing it hard, the thermally controlled fan adjusts its speed to provide optimal cooling with minimal noise.