Crucial have today announced the immediate availability of the Crucial M500 solid state drive. Featuring terabyte-class capacity, increased response times and an advanced feature set, the Crucial M500 SSD is available now through select global channel partners and at crucia. The 2.5-inch drives are available in 120GB, 240GB, 480GB, and 960GB capacities with MSRPs of US $129.99, $219.99, $399.99, and $599.99, respectively.
- Offered in 120GB, 240GB, 480GB, and 960GB capacities
- Available in 2.5-inch, mSATA, and M.2
- Three-year limited warranty
- Enables hardware-based encryption with an advanced 256-bit AES encryption engine and custom firmware that meets TCG Opal 2.0 and IEEE-1667 standards
- Hold Up capacitors are used to ensure no data loss in the event of an unexpected power loss
- Adaptive thermal monitoring system (thermister and microcontroller) assists with temperature challenges in some ultrathin or embedded designs