CD Projekt RED has released a new update for The Witcher 3: Next-Gen, which will be available on all platforms, including PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X and S, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
The patch size may vary between 2 GB on PC and between 10 GB to 20 GB on consoles. One of the significant issues the players have been experiencing is the game's performance, even on high-end systems. The company's Global Communication Director, Marcin Momot, has acknowledged this issue and assured that the team is actively working on resolving it. The latest update may address these concerns and other bugs that have been causing hindrances for the gamers.
The Witcher 3: Next-Gen Patch 4.02 Release Notes
- Improved CPU core utilization in the DX 12 version.
- Restored horizon-based ambient occlusion. Players who had previously turned Ambient Occlusion off will need to do so again. You can find it in Options ? Video ? Graphics.
- Fixed an issue where the "My Rewards" section was not localized in REDlauncher.
- Fixed an issue with a flickering landscape in Toussaint that occurred when NVIDIA HairWorks was disabled.
- Also fixed an issue related to particle optimization which could result in temporary stuttering.
VISUAL - PC and Next-Gen Exclusive
- Improved immersion of water appearance by adding refraction to SSR and ray-traced reflections.
- Fixed a visual issue with brick textures where black artifacts covered stone arches.
- Added a Motion Blur slider. It can be found in Options ? Video ? Graphics.
QUESTS & GAMEPLAY - Available on all platforms
- Battle Preparations - Fixed the lack of a dialogue option that would progress the quest during the objective "Let Avallac'h know everything's ready."
- Reason of State - Fixed an issue where the door to the warehouse could become permanently locked if the player knocked, entered and then immediately left the building.
- Scavenger Hunt: Cat School Gear Upgrade Diagrams Part 1 - Fixed an issue where the quest could stay active even after the diagrams were looted.
- Fixed an issue where trying to start a New Game+ on an incompatible save would block the player from starting the expansions in standalone mode until the game was restarted.
LOCALIZATION - Available on all platforms
- Fixed an issue with the Korean localization of Ciri's and Geralt's Gwent card descriptions.
- Fixed punctuation issues in Arabic localization.
- Updated Traditional Chinese font.