Announced earlier this year, this monitor finally is seeing good availability. Ergo we figured another news items is worthy. This 27-inch 4K monitor for creators has an "OCO" function that can reduce halo effects when viewed from an angle by 80% with a correction layer that controls the light transmittance around the edges.
The backlight is a direct mini LED, and 576 independent local dimming zones allow you to reproduce high-precision HDR content with the highest contrast. In addition, by conducting rigorous tests using ASUS's advanced grayscale tracking technology, the color difference value has achieved delta E <1. In addition, the product also comes with a disc calibration, which enables image expression that is always faithful to the primary colors.
- 27-inch mini LED backlight and 4K HDR, 576 local dimming zone
- ASUS OCO (Off-Axis Contrast Optimization) technology reduces the halo effect when the screen is viewed from an angle by 80% and improves the contrast ratio of dark areas of the image by 7 times.
- Compatible with Quantum Dot technology, covering a wide color gamut of 83% for Rec.2020, 99.5% for Adobe RGB, 97% for DCI-P3, and 100% for sRGB.
- Supports multiple HDR formats (Dolby Vision, HDR-10, HLG) for a more realistic video experience and flexibility
- Calibrated to guarantee the industry's highest color accuracy (∆E) <1, with uniformity correction for real shades
- Supports data transfer via USB-C, with power supply function USB-C can supply up to 60W of power to external devices
- X-rite i1 Display Pro included
The main specifications are brightness 1,000 cd / ㎡, viewing angle horizontal / vertical 178 °, response speed 5 ms, contrast ratio 1,000: 1, maximum display color about 1,073,740,000 colors, color gamut Rec.2020 83%, Adobe RGB 99.5%, DCI-P3 97%, sRGB 100% cover. The interface is HDMI2.0bx2, DisplayPort1.2x1, USB Type-Cx1 (power can be supplied up to 60W), headphone output terminal x1, USB3.0 hub x4.
The main body size is 625.2 mm in width, 228.8 mm in depth, 424.5 to 544.5 mm in height, and weighs about 11.5 kg. The product also comes with a light-shielding hood. The backlight is a direct mini-LED with 576 independent local dimming zones that allow you to reproduce high-precision HDR content with the highest contrast with a 1000 cd/㎡ (Peak) brightness. it is an expensive monitor though, expect a price in the 2800 EUR range.