Guru3D Rig of the Month Competition
The Rig Of The Month
Wann join into our monthly competition? What do you need to do ? Simply answer a few questions. Which components are used, if there are any modifications or overclocks, which parts they like, which parts they don't; you get the idea. :-) Then we’ll do a little write-up about it and post it for the world to see along with a selection of visual references. Why? ‘Cause we’re nosey bastards! Heh, nah, we are sure everyone who visits this site or a site like this has at least this one thing in common - the ability to appreciate some nice PC hardware. So what better way to get to know your fellow Guru’s pride and joy (or awkward failure) than to read about it and check out some pics. It’s a great way to show off your months of over-time to purchase that shiny new high-end video card, or a nice way to show off that case-mod you just finished after many hours of hard work. Maybe you just want your system featured on one of the biggest hardware sites in the world - can't say I blame you. ;-) Who knows, you might learn something. I'm sure we've all struggled with cable tidying before, and maybe a rig featured here will have awesomely tidy cables for which the author is willing to reveal their tips and tricks.
Each month here at Guru3D.com we feature one of you guys, your PC, your DIY project. It is quite honestly amazing how much detail and dedication you put into a PC, and every now and then it really shows. The Rig of the month is sponsored by Corsair. Each monthly winner will get a nice prize as reward. This competition runs worldwide, however, due to delivery and customs issues the following countries and continents Russia, South America and Africa will not be shipped a prize, instead, Corsair will give you a 100 USD consolidation prize as compensation.
Would you like a chance to get your rig posted ?
Here are the qualifications & requirements, here's what you need to do:
- What we’re looking for now is a rig which has something rather unique or special about it. We’re looking for something that looks cool as hell. You know, something that makes it stand out from the rest.
- Search for your digital camera and take a few high-quality pictures of your interior/exterior/whole desk arrangement. Show us whatcha got! Email us the questions and the images as an attachment.
- When it’s finished you could be displayed on the site, with a news post on the front page to get it some attention as well.
In your email, you need to answer these question. Please be precise and try to make a story out of your answers. Oneliners, Yes and no answers do not qualify at all. To qualify please answer these questions, you can submit your entry by email along with at least eight photos covering the interior and exterior of your pc. Do NOT submit photo's with personal logos plastered on it:
- What is your name / nickname /age / occupation / Location
- What did you first come here for?
- What do you mainly use the system for?
- How much money did you spend on the rig as it is right now?
- How often do you update/buy a new rig?
- What components are used?
- Do you prefer a brand like NVIDIA/Intel/AMD?
- Does your PC life up to your expectation?
- What's the best part of your rig?
- Any dislikes, things you should not have bought or modded?
- Did you modify anything? cases/video cards/other? Did you do it yourself? Walk us through it.
- What is your latest 3DMark score (Time Spy Preferred)?
- Do you have any future updates planned?
- Does your rig or mod have a name?
Click here to browse through all ROTM winners.
** by emailing us you give Guru3D.com permission to publish and re-use the photos & content.