SSD Performance Atto Disk Benchmark
Atto Disk Benchmark
One of the finest tools available to measure storage performance is ATTO. I love it to death as it is so reliable and produces such accurate results. The great thing about ATTO is that we can test with predefined block sizes. So we can test with a 32MB sequence of 4KB files, yet also 32MB in 1MB files. This gives us an excellent scope of overall performance with small and large files.
ATTO Read performance
But let's have a peek at actual read performance. I threw in a couple of comparable SSDs
- The red line is the ADATA S511 series 60GB DDS
- The blue line is the Corsair Force GT
- In yellow the OCZ Agility 3
- In soft green an F100, last generation SandForce 1200 series controller based.
- For bold comparison to a FAST HDD we included the Western Digital WD1500HLFS VelociRaptor to our test suite, colored in light blue. It is considered amongst the fastest 10k RPM HDD your money can get you.
ATTO Write performance
The most important and difficult task for any storage unit is... writing really small files fast, so have a look at that with this WRITE test. We scale 4KB block sizes to 1024KB block sizes in bursts of 256MB with a queue depth of 10 and then measure how fast the storage device is dealing with them.