Modern graphics card offer the possibility to decode partially or completely a video stream using DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA), in order to reduce CPU usage dramatically. MPC-HC includes an embedded video decoder that uses this technology, to decode x.264, H.264 and VC-1 with hardly any CPU time required.
This project is based on the original "Media Player Classic" and was created after Gabest, the original author, stopped.
The download has both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions in the 7ZIP self extractable archive.
- Use ffmpeg for RealVideo/RealAudio decoding
- Support for SIPR and VP30/31
- Support WMV3 DXVA
- Support for ALAC
- MatroskaSplitter: support for QDesign Music, Sorenson and Cinepak video
- Ticket #552, Add the ability to check if a newer stable version is available using Help --> Check for updates
- Ticket #1668, A keyboard shortcut can now be assigned to toggle custom channel mapping on/off
- Ticket #1738, Support for decoding FLV SWF ADPCM
- Ticket #2065, CMD_GETCURRENTPOSITION command gives the position with an accuracy of 1 ms (only for media files, not for DVD-Video)
- Ticket #2087, Add some OSD messages when resetting the playback rate and changing the zoom level
- Ticket #2111, A keyboard shortcut can now be assigned to toggle normalization and regain volume on/off