Fancy words eh ? The Dell U2417H is a Full HD monitor with nice looks and decent specs. They now are using the ‘InfinityEdge’ branding, used earlier on certain XPS laptops. The ‘U’ in the codename means its an UltraSharp series monitor. If you look closely you'll see that the bezels are now even more thin at 5.30mm at the top and sides and 8.33mm at the bottom.
The Panel type is 23.8” IPS with matte anti-glare screen surface. It’s a Full HD (1920 x 1080) monitor with 60Hz refresh rate, 1000:1 static contrast and 178°/178° viewing angles. Colour consistency and overall colour performance is a key consideration here. The monitor comes factory calibrated (report included) with an average DeltaE of <2.
The Dell UltraSharp 24 InfinityEdge Monitor | U2417H takes your view to the edge with 45% less black borders than Dell’s previous 23.8” monitor.
- Seamless and precise: The World's first InfinityEdge Monitor has the world's thinnest borders on all sides of the screen, creating an almost seamless multi-monitor view.
- Designed with purpose: Multiple adjustability options allow you to tilt, pivot, swivel and adjust the height of the monitor to best fit the way you work.
- Unmatched reliability: Get complete peace of mind with Dell’s Premium Panel Guarantee and Advanced Exchange Service.
- Vividly clear: Immerse yourself in cohesive multi-monitor view with super thin black borders and the thinnest bezel width to date in between two displays on all sides.
- Unmatched versatility: Enjoy full adjustability to pivot, tilt, and swivel your monitor to the position and height you desire. And with HDMI 1.4 (MHL 2.0), DP 1.2, mini-DP 1.2, DP-out, 4 USB 3.0, and audio line-out ports, connecting to all your peripherals at once is both easy and convenient
Colour gamut is at 99% sRGB specified. A WLED backlight is used yielding a 250 cd/m² typical maximum luminance, hopefully flicker-free like its predecessor. Also specified is an 8ms grey to grey response time (6ms in ‘Fast’ mode), which we know from experience can be quite misleading and generally means very little in practice.
The stand is again fully adjustable (height, pivot, swivel and tilt adjustment). It is attached by a quick-release proprietary bracket mechanism and can be removed to make way for an alternative 100mm VESA stand or mount. You can see from the rear that matte silver plastic is used as seen on some other recent Dell models.
The ports include; DP 1.2, DP 1.2 output (for MST Daisy Chaining), MiniDP 1.2, HDMI 1.4 (with MHL 2.0) and four USB 3.0 downstream ports (plus the obligatory upstream). A 3.5mm audio output port is also included, but there are no integrated speakers.