Aah the weekend is near again, time for a new update on some great hardware deals I spotted. This week I like to run you though a couple of deals related to DDR memory. Never underestimate the amount of memory in your system.
These days, 2 GB at minimum is recommended. But it's so cheap these days that we just recommend to go for 4 GB instantly. Of course if you are on a 64-bit operating system .. and in combo with X58 / Core i7 .. yeah .. we'd recommend you to go for triple channel memory, 6 GB my man. Anyway let's walk through some nice deals:
DDR2 memory deals:
- Corsair XMS2 2GB PC2-6400 DDR2 - if you like to stick with 2GBmemory, you never can go wrong with a Corsair kit. This is PC2-6400 memory meaning it will run at 800 Mhz and it can do that at CAS 4 as well. We have a super deal at $29.99
- Corsair XMS2 Xtreme Performance 4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 - Here we have exactly the same kit, yet now 2x 2Gb modules for 4 GB of memory. We spotted it for $61.99
- OCZ Technology Reaper HPC Edition 4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 - oh here is a nice one, Reaper memory, always great timings and very tweakable. And they have the funky heatspreaders. At 800MHz, the 4GB Edition runs at 5-5-5 latency timings and it's fairly cheap at $54.99
DDR3 memory deals
- Patriot Memory Patriot 2GB (2 x 1GB) - For the value minded, two GB of memory from patriot. These modules are designed to operate at 1600MHz at 9-9-9 24 timings, selling for $47.99
- Corsair XMS3 DHX 4GB PC3-10666 DDR3 - A seriously nice kit which can manage 1333 frequencies. 4GB at $67.99
- OCZ Technology Gold 6GB PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3 - Now if you go X58 / Core i7 and want to save a little on price, this has got to be the best memory deal I have seen in a while. Get this, 6 GB triple channel 1600 MHz Gold series memory from OCZ at a price of $84.99, (hot deal!) seriously that's an incredible price.
That's it for this update, have a snazzy weekend !