You probably already have read our Crucial MX500 1TB SSD review? No? Well, you really should as it is a really good product. However, today Crucial officially announces the availability of its new MX500 SSD. The drive is available in 250GB, 500GB, 1TB and 2TB and comes in a 2.5-inch form factor. It’s 45 times more energy efficient than a typical hard drive and comes with a 5-year limited warranty.
This next generation MX500 SSD features second generation Micron® 3D NAND technology and an array of advanced features that will keep your data safe. The MX500 has sequential reads/writes up to 560/510 MB/s and random reads/writes up to 95K/90K IOPS, making it the perfect replacement for the aging hard drive in your sluggish PC. In order to ensure you get the right quality drive for your PC, Crucial has a system scanner that will scan for compatibility. Similarly, to help with the SSD install process, Crucial has also launched the first SSD install mobile-friendly web-app.
- Micron® 2nd Generation 64-layer 3D TLC NAND
- Sequential reads/writes up to 560/510 MB/s
- Random reads/writes up to 95K/90K IOPS
- Capacities up to 2TB
- 2.5-inch and M.2 Type 2280 form factors
- 5-year limited warranty
- Great price/performance ratio and superior reliability
- 45 times more energy efficient than a typical hard drive
- Dynamic Write Acceleration delivers faster saves and file transfers
- Integrated Power Loss Immunity preserves saved work in the event of an unexpected power loss
- AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption keeps data safe and secure from hackers and thieves
- Exclusive Data Defense guards against data corruption
- Adaptive Thermal Protection limits temperatures within the drive
- Compatible with the Crucial Storage Executive tool for easy drive maintenance
- Free Acronis True Image™ HD software included for easy data migration
Boise, ID and Glasgow, UK– JANUARY 9, 2018 - Crucial, a leading global brand of memory and storage upgrades, today announced the availability of the Crucial® MX500 SSD. The new drive features second generation Micron® 3D NAND technology and is 45 times more energy efficient than a typical hard drive.4 Available in capacities up to 2TB in the 2.5-inch form factor and up to 1TB in the M.2 form factor, the MX500 has sequential reads/writes up to 560/510 MB/s and random reads/writes up to 95K/90K IOPS. 1
“This next generation MX500 SSD features a stackable 64-layer, 256-gigabit component. Micron’s floating gate NAND is designed with CMOS Under the Array (CUA), which allows us to minimise the footprint of the die. At 59 square millimeters, it’s among the world’s smallest 256-gigabit die,” said Jon Tanguy, Crucial Senior SSD Product Engineer. “Our engineering team has incorporated this leading-edge NAND technology in an SSD that includes all the advanced features Crucial customers have come to expect to keep their data safe.”
Crucial also directly addresses two of the scariest issues for first-time SSD buyers: moving files and installation. Upgrading from a traditional hard drive is easy with the MX500 thanks to the data migration and cloning software included with each drive.
“We’re excited about our next generation of SSD drives and the near-instant performance and lasting reliability that comes with them,” said Jonathan Weech, Crucial Senior SSD Product Manager. “Users can rest assured that their data, family videos, travel photos, music, and other important documents are stored safely on the MX500.”
The MX500 advanced features include:
- Dynamic Write Acceleration for faster saves and file transfers.
- Hardware-based encryption to keep personal files and confidential data secure.
- Integrated Power Loss Immunity to avoid unintended data loss when the power unexpectedly goes out.
- Exclusive Data Defense to prevent files from becoming corrupted and unusable.
- Redundant Array of Independent NAND to protect data at the component level.