Creative announced the launch of the follow-up to the Creative SXFI AMP - the Creative SXFI AIR series. Comprising the SXFI AIR and SXFI AIR C, these are the very first headphones featuring built-in Super X-Fi technology, delivering the listening experience of a high-end multi-speaker system, simply through a pair of headphones.
"After the SXFI AMP, it was a natural next step to develop headphones with built-in Super X-Fi technology. With the SXFI AIR series, users can now enjoy the magic of headphone holography, complemented by the best of our headphone engineering. The SXFI AIR is meant to pave the way for the headphone industry to adopt Super X-Fi into all future headphones," said Sim Wong Hoo, CEO of Creative Technology.
On top of the Super X-Fi technology at the heart of the SXFI AIR series, the headphones also stand out with its 50mm Neodymium drivers that are tuned to deliver audio that is powerful while maintaining extreme accuracy, which is an absolute essential for music and movie enthusiasts.
- The SXFI AIR connects seamlessly via Bluetooth and USB to numerous platforms, ranging from mobile devices to PC and Mac to Nintendo Switch and PS4. Users can personalize their listening profiles through a mobile app, and upload them onto the SXFI AIR.
- The versatility of the SXFI AIR also stands out with its wireless connectivity, providing ease of compatibility with iOS and Android devices. When connected via USB, the SXFI AIR offers low-latency 7.1 audio which is great for movies and games, especially on the PC and Mac.
- The SXFI AIR also operates as a standalone music player via microSD card for various formats including MP3, WMA, WAV and FLAC.
- Additionally, the SXFI AIR comes with a touch-control earcup, where users can easily switch between tracks and adjust volume with simple finger sliding actions.
- The SXFI AIR features mesh fabric earcups with built-in memory foam pads that conform to the user's head, and are highly breathable as fabric dissipates heat more easily.
- The SXFI AIR also comes with customizable RGB light rings, which allow users to choose from 16 million colors to make the headphones truly their own.
SXFI AIR C
- The SXFI AIR C is an entry-level USB headphone with Super X-Fi aimed at gamers. It does not support Bluetooth, touch-controls and SD card.
- Designed to augment the gaming experience further, the SXFI AIR C features a detachable ClearComms microphone that is specifically tuned to reproduce strikingly natural vocals, allowing for flawless communication between gaming team-mates or friends. The ClearComms microphone is also an accessory option for SXFI AIR.
Pricing and Availability
The SXFI AIR C USB is available at GBP119.99 on Creative.com. For more information, visit this page. The SXFI AIR is available for pre-order at GBP149.99 on Creative.com, and will ship in end January 2019.