The AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1
Product: AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 24bit/192kHz sound card
The AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 sound card
Some days, you come across hardware that is almost great. You read a review or two, you like the product and you think, maybe. Even more rarely you come across hardware that has something a little extra, something that you can tell makes it great. AudioTrak's Prodigy is in the rare category of great hardware.
AUDIOTRAK is the consumer products division of ESI (Ego Systems Inc), an industry leader in providing innovative digital audio interfaces to the professional and project studio markets.
Utilizing key aspects of ESI's proven pro-audio designs, AUDIOTRAK delivers a higher standard of performance to anyone wanting to improve their sound capabilities.
AudioTrak has been putting out high-quality consumer sound cards for quite some time now, from the Maya to the Prodigy-192. The Prodigy 7.1 is AudioTrak's first sound card based on VIA's Envy24HT, a high quality 24 bit/192kHz audio processor.
As a rule, we tend not to believe it when a manufacturer says, "Ultimate."
The Prodigy not only does high-quality 24bit/96kHz digital audio, it also does games, with the use of the Sensaura3D API. Now that Creative has bought the rights to Sensaura3D, there is a sudden tinge of sadness. The Prodigy may be the last great Sensaura3D card.
Prodigy 7.1 Features
- Experience High-Fidelity Surround Sound up to 7.1
- Transfer up to 24-bit 96 kHz Pure Audio with Coaxial Digital Input and Output
- Controllable Extended Input Connectors (Line, CD, Aux, and CD Digital) on Board
- 24-bit, 8 Channel 192 kHz Playback and 96 kHz Recording
- Experience Stereo Audio Sources with Expanded 7.1 Channel Surround Sound
- Emulate Multi-Channel Surround Sound with SRS TruSurround XT with Enhanced Bass and Dialog Clarity
- Expand Audio Versatility with Advanced NSP featuring E-WDM and DirectWIRE
- Plug In with Analog Inputs (2) and Outputs (8)
- Independent Surround Sound Channel Volume Control
- Enjoy High-Fidelity with Integrated Headphone Amp and Microphone
- Pass Pure Audio Signals to Dolby Digital and DTS Decoders
- Support Windows Media 9 with 24-bit, 96 kHz 6-Channel Audio
- Support Game Surround Sound APIs such as EAX 2.0 and A3D
Let's take a closer look at this card, shall we?