The motherboard follows a standard ATX form factor (30.5 x 24.4cm). The motherboard is located in the high-end range of the Core 9000 desktop processor product stack. Of course, it is Core 8000 series compatible as well.
The board is built using the proper components, assuring high reliability and a long life-span. Some interesting features are 802.11ac Wi-Fi, triple M.2 as well as an intricate LED system and three PCIe Express x16 slots.
- 2 x Antenna Ports
- 1 x PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard Port
- 1 x HDMI Port
- 1 x DisplayPort 1.2
- 1 x Optical SPDIF Out Port
- 3 x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A Ports (10 Gb/s) (ReDriver) (Supports ESD Protection)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C Port (10 Gb/s) (ReDriver) (Supports ESD Protection)
- 4 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Ports (Intel® Z390) (Supports ESD Protection)
- 3 x RJ-45 LAN Ports with LED (ACT/LINK LED and SPEED LED)
- 1 x Clear CMOS Button
- HD Audio Jacks: Rear Speaker / Central / Bass / Line in / Front Speaker / Microphone (Gold Audio Jacks)
Included with the motherboard are the regulars including; manuals, driver CDs, SATA cables and a rear I/O plate. We received the WIFI version, and you probably guessed it, it has WIFI, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, MU-MIMO Rx, 2.4GHz/ 5GHz (160MHz) up to 1.73Gbps Supports Bluetooth 2.1, 2.1+EDR, 3.0, 4.0, 5 which is nice.
The board has 3 x PCIe 3.0 x16 slots which can be arranged in these slot configurations with graphics cards:
- 1-way mode - x16 / x0 / x4
- 2-way mode - x8 / x8 / x0
- 3-way mode - x8 / x4 / x4
As you can see, these are PCI Express Gen 3.0 configurations, that's okay for regular graphics card setups up-to 2-way SLI/Crossfire. The motherboard comes with two power connectors 8+4. You'll get four DIMM slots that can be used for dual-channel memory. Up to 4200+ MHz supported in OC mode. Please do check compatible memory and thus the QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).