Contest 3 - The Dragon Challenge
Contest 3: The Wicked AMD Contest - Win an AMD ATI system
The third and last contest we'll startup this week to commemorate a decade of Guru3D.com we do in collaboration with AMD and ATI. The prize we are giving away with this contest is awesome, a complete AMD/ATI system.
That entails a complete gamers desktop system that includes: Phenom II X4 955, 790 series chipset motherboard, loaded up with 4GB DDR3 memory and Radeon HD 4890. A prize worth roughly 1250 EUR.
Here is the prize:
Motherboard: MSI 790FX GD70
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 955 3.2 GHz
Scythe Mugen II CPU cooler
Gpu: MSI R4890-T2D1G (880 core / 999 mem).
Memory: Patriot 4GB DDR3 memory
Samsung Spinpoint F1 640Gb HD
850 Watt Corsair PSU
Gigabyte Poseidon 310 Chassis
Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit registered (installed)
This system is completely pre-installed and ready to go.
There is one rather big restriction for this contest, due to logistics and shipping risks this competition is only for people that reside in the Netherlands or Belgium. This system weigh massively and would be damaged if shipped too far out. If you do not reside in Benelux .. perhaps you have a relative there ? All we need is a Dutch or Belgium shipping address.
So what do you need to do to have a chance of winning this amazing prize package?
CONTEST CLOSED - WINNER WAS ANNOUNCED HERE
We need to see a question answered.
- What is the platform name for a PC with an AMD 790 chipset, Phenom II processor and Radeon HD 4890 called?
We'll give you a hint. The previous generation was called a certain 'platform'.
Honestly, can it be any simpler? If you have no clue. Here's a hint, read this article. If you still do not get it... just look at the hints on this page, I mean come on ;)
Where to send your entries:
ATTENTION - THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED
Guru3D will collect all submitted results. We'll publish all results on Guru3D.com roughly a week after the competition closes.
- All entries must be in by Friday, June 12, 2009
- You must reside within the Netherlands or Belgium
- Your email address will be used solely for this contest. After the contest closes all email addresses and information will be deleted.
- You must insert your answer, your full name + address + country + phone number in the email.
- You can only enter the contest once, we double check addresses and IPs!
- There will be no dialog about this contest possible before and after closure.
The winner will be announced on the Guru3D.com frontpage after the contest closes, in week two or three of June.
Click here to go back to the A decade of Guru3D landing page. Other (global) contests and article:
- 24th May - History of Guru3D part 1 (open)
- 25th May - Start Contest 1 - The Wicked Guru3D Photo Contest (open)
- 26th May - History of Guru3D Part 2 The VGA Flashback (open)
- 27th May - Start Contest 2 - The Logo Hunt Contest (open)
- 28th May - Guru3D going Green article (open)
- 29th May - Start Contest 3 - The Dragon challenge (CLOSED)
I wish you all good luck and hopefully a lot of fun. At this time we also like to thank the sponsors who promoted and participated in this competition.
Please give the sponsor tones.be a visit.
Contest 3 in a decade of Guru3D.com is sponsored by: