AMD is pleased to announce complementary support for NVMe RAID on the AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ platform. By combining multiple NVMe SSDs together into a RAID 0, 1, or 10 array, it is possible to greatly enhance disk performance or data integrity. With a single GPU in the system, arrays containing up to six NVMe SSDs can be supported without adapters. NVMe RAID support on the AMD Ryzen Threadripper platform does not require specific NVMe disks or hardware activation keys.
- UI changes for Installer
- New RAID driver & new RaidXpert2 Utility
- PCI Gen4 NVMe performance improvement
- 20H1 WHQL certified drivers
- Fixed RAID Driver version mismatch between Installer UI and Device Manager
- Installation fails when windows username contains non-Latin character
- Workaround: Install with username containing Latin characters only
- Installer UI may appear in background when launched.
- Installer may take long time (~ 10 min) to complete RAID Components installation on upgrade scenarios.
- Installer QT UI may become non-responsive when Installer minimized and maximized multiple times during installation
- Cancelling the Installer by clicking “X” and then select “No” on the dialog box will take the user back to the Install screen on some Test configurations.
- Double clicking the Installer EXE multiple times shows Error pop-up window.
- Installer UI screen disappears during installation on a remote system when user manually disconnects RDP session and re-connect back.
- Installer goes to minimized and hang state on remote system when user minimizes the RDP session to task bar during Installer NSIS extraction phase.
- AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series Desktop Processor
- 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processors
- 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor
- 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor
- 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor
- AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor
- AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor
- AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor with Radeon™ Graphics
- AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processor with Radeon™ Graphics
- 7th-Gen AMD A-Series Processors
- AMD B350 Chipset
- AMD A320 Chipset
- AMD X370 Chipset
- AMD X399 Chipset
- AMD B450 Chipset
- AMD X470 Chipset
- AMD X570 Chipset
- AMD B550 Chipset
- AMD A520 Chipset
- AMD TRX40 Chipset
- AMD WRX80 Chipset
Supported RAID Levels RAID 0,1,10 for both NVMe and SATA RAID on the above listed AMD products.
This driver package supports the operating system/boot device included in the RAID array and standalone NVMe boot device with a separate SATA RAID storage array.