We have the new Catalyst 7.6 drivers for Windows Vista x86, Windows Vista x64, Windows XP, and Windows XP Pro x64 available. They offer Vista performance improvements and addresses a couple of issues.
Highlights of the Catalyst 7.6 release include:
- ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT Crossfire performance improvements under Windows Vista:
- As much as 42% performance increase in Half-Life 2: Episode 1 with HDR+AA enabled
- As much as 16% performance increase in Dark Messiah: Might and Magic with HDR enabled.
Resolved Issues (high-lights)
- Quake 4: Playing the game with CrossFire enabled no longer result in corruption being noticed after a short time of game play.
- Installing the display driver under the Windows Vista operating system no longer results in the display resolutions of 1680x1050, 1800x1440, 1920x1080 and 1920x1200 not being available when using an analog CRT display device.
- Connecting a secondary display device and enabling extended desktop mode no longer results in changes being made to the secondary display device being reflected on the primary display device.