This particular software suite updates the AMD Catalyst Display Driver and the AMD Catalyst Control Center. This unified driver has been updated, and is designed to provide enhanced performance and reliability.
The AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 15.6 Beta contains the following:
- AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver version 14.502.1014.1004.
Compatible Operating Systems
The latest version of the AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 15.6 Beta is designed to support the following Microsoft Windows platforms:
Windows 8.1 (32 & 64-bit version)
Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 15.6 Beta Windows Driver
Performance and Stability improvements for Batman™: Arkham Knight
AMD Crossfire support is currently disabled for Batman™: Arkham Knight while AMD works closely with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment to resolve the issue. An update for this issue will be released as soon as it is available.
- Batman: Arkham Knight – The application may crash during in game benchmarking or while exiting the game
- Batman: Arkham Knight – The screen may turn black or pink while changing resolution to 1680x1050
IMPORTANT NOTE: Catalyst 15.6 Beta DOES NOT support the new AMD Radeon Fury X, Radeon R9 300 Series, and Radeon R 7 300 Series graphics cards.
- This driver is not intended for use on AMD products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their manufacturer for driver support.
- When installing the AMD Catalyst™ Driver for Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of the AMD Catalyst Driver.
- The AMD Catalyst 15.6 Beta Software Suite requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
- The AMD Catalyst 15.6 Beta Software Suite requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 to be installed. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is included in all Catalyst packages.
- AMD Eyefinity technology is designed to give gamers access to high display resolutions. As pixel count grows, the graphics "horsepower" required to drive the displays at a reasonable frame rate can increase dramatically. Depending on the game and system configuration, users may notice texture corruption and reduced frame rates when running games in multi-monitor Eyefinity modes.