Running the intuitive and feature-rich Synology Router Manager (SRM) operating system and boasting capable hardware, WRX560 is equipped to tackle any home networking challenge.
WRX560 packs powerful internals under the hood to ensure optimal performance for busy households and networking enthusiasts alike. Powered by Wi-Fi 6 technology, WRX560 offers fast Wi-Fi speeds with a combined throughput of up to 3000 Mbps to provide buffer-free streaming and fast downloads. Its quad-core 1.4 GHz processor and 512 MB of RAM allow it to handle up to 150 connected devices without missing a beat.
As a step-up from most consumer routers, WRX560 features a configurable 2.5 GbE WAN/LAN port to support high-performance devices or superfast internet plans. Additionally, compatibility with the newly licensed 5.9 GHz spectrum provides access to an interference-free band for higher potential connection speeds or dedicated wireless backhaul.Seamless connectivity for the whole home
WRX560 includes features that enhance wireless connections for faster and more stable connectivity. This router can be incorporated into a mesh configuration with other Synology routers for consistent, high-speed whole-home coverage under a single Wi-Fi name. Users with existing Synology routers can get the most out of their device by using it as an additional Wi-Fi point.
- Built to provide family-friendly experiences: WRX560 includes comprehensive parental controls and internet filtering capabilities through the Safe Access package to make the internet a safer place.
- Limiting screen time for kids: Parents can set internet use quotas or restrict internet access to certain hours for each device owned by children, including laptops, smartphones, tablets, and game consoles.
- Web filtering: Prevent children from accessing adult, violent, gaming, and social networking websites and filter out explicit search results. Users can apply filters flexibly, for example, restricting social media during homework hours.
- Track usage: Safe Access provides insight into kids' activities online, such as the daily amount of time spent on the web or whether they have attempted to visit inappropriate websites.
Advanced networking features in Synology Router Manager
Known for its popularity among router enthusiasts, SRM includes a host of advanced networking capabilities, including VPN server hosting, fine-grained control of bandwidth usage of devices on the network, and VLAN network segmentation.
- VPN Plus: Ideal for remote workers and office use, VPN Plus provides the ability to quickly establish secure connections to internal networks behind the router, bridge multiple locations together with secure IPsec tunnels for resource sharing across different networks, and access to desktop software from anywhere with remote desktop functionality.
- Traffic management: WRX560's built-in traffic management tools provide users with precise control and oversight over their network traffic. With the ability to view detailed application and device traffic information and apply traffic shaping and quality of service policies, users can optimize their network based on their specific needs.
- VLAN network segmentation: The VLAN network segmentation feature lets users create VLANs and define custom firewall rules, quality of service policies, and access policies for each VLAN. For home users, VLAN network segmentation is most often used to isolate vulnerable IoT devices from the main network to keep PCs and NAS secure from potential intrusions.
The DS router mobile app offers a wide range of features, including router setup, traffic monitoring, parental controls, guest network creation, and network management.
WRX560 will be available for purchase in Australia, Canada, Europe, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Taiwan, and the United States starting from 2 November 2022 with availability in Japan beginning 10 November, 2022