As graphics cards and motherboards become more efficient, their ever-decreasing power consumption has called for a new power rating variant. The introduction of the PRIME Ultra 550 W Platinum- and Gold-rated units is an answer to these current market trends.
The PRIME Ultra 550 W in many cases will even provide high enough power to reserve some headroom for future expansion. Customers will find new additions in the retail box of the upcoming PRIME Ultra Series.
- Seasonic has included a PSU tester in the box that will let consumers perform a quick and easy jump start on the power supply. When a system is not working properly, it can be particularly difficult to tell the difference between a faulty power supply and other components. With the help of the PSU tester, users will be able to verify whether the new power supply is working properly.
- Each PRIME Ultra Series power supply will also ship with a SATA 3.3 adapter to support the “Power Disable” (PWDIS) feature of the newer, high-capacity hard drives. This is an important feature for people who are planning to use the PRIME Ultra to power hard drives of a smaller-scaled server at home or in an office.
Some design updates of the PRIME Ultra power supplies further optimize usability.
- One of the most noticeable of the upgrades is that the inline capacitors on the cables were removed, which takes away from the bulk and improves cable management inside the system.
- The new 180 degree SATA connectors will ensure more flexibility and easier installation.
The exciting features of the PRIME Ultra Series can be summarized as follows:
- Ultra-quiet operation – thanks to the upgraded high-end capacitors and the quiet FDB fan driven by Seasonic’s Premium Hybrid Fan Control.
- Low ripple noise and clean power output – due to high-end components
- Compact size to fit smaller cases – 140 mm depth on the lower wattage Gold and Platinum units
- 12 years warranty
Please note that the exact release time of the PRIME Ultra Series varies per region and per wattage.