The TVS NAS series from QNAP is AMD based and finally available, and as such functions as HTPC with very high playback quality upto 4K as well as many other features. The TVS-863+ supports 10GbE via optional PCI-E network expansion and delivers high performance with persistent throughput.
These puppies have been powered by an AMD quad-core CPU at 2.4 GHz and the system memory here is 8 GB (DDR3L-1600), that memory can be upgraded to even 16 GB. Coupled with the support of SATA 6Gb/s, 2 Gigabit LAN ports and 10GbE capability (the TVS-863+ has built in 10GbE), the TVS-x63+ series delivers remarkable performance for multi-tasking business applications. The hardware encryption engine provides unmatched performance in its class with AES-256 bit full NAS volume encryption, boosting system performance & security while ensuring the safety of confidential and sensitive data.
- 10GbE-ready, highly-efficient storage solution for HD video editing and sharing
- Enhanced data security with a high-performance hardware-accelerated encryption engine with AES 256-bit full NAS volume encryption and anti-virus
- Use the TVS-863+ as a PC with exclusive QvPC Technology and 4K display support
- Run multiple Windows/Linux/Android-based virtual machines with the Virtualization Station
- Manage, share, and back up business data with Real-time Remote Replication (RTRR)
- NAS and iSCSI-SAN unified storage solution for server virtualization
- Supports VMware®, Citrix®, and Microsoft® Hyper-V and advanced virtualization features
- Transcode Full HD videos on-the-fly or offline with QNAP’s unique transcoding technology and hardware transcoding engine
- Expand the total raw storage capacity up to 192TB with the economical UX-800P QNAP expansion enclosures
With QvPC Technology, users can use the TVS-x63+ series as a PC by plugging in a keyboard, mouse, and HDMI monitor to directly access data stored on the NAS, run multiple applications on Windows, Linux, UNIX, and Android-based VMs, surf the web with multilingual keyboard input, watch 1080p videos with up to 7.1 channel audio with XBMC, monitor the surveillance live feeds from IP cameras in real time, and much more.
The TVS-x63+ series also supports 4K Ultra HD output for use with QvPC Technology. Users can connect the NAS server to a 4K UHD monitor via HDMI to take advantage of 4K’s impeccable image detail for increased productivity. “With 4K Ultra HD support TVS-x63+ series models are an exceptional choice for versatile applications and working scenarios. Photographers can view sharper and clearer high-resolution images, and users can get a bigger workspace with one monitor when managing virtual machines,” added Lee.
The price though .. we've seen them at 1499 USD / 1350 EURO