A new Pro portfolio has been launched, and you know what that means, you'll need to dig deep into your pets. EK is releasing a whole series of workstation/server-grade water blocks for some of the most powerful Workstation GPUs on the market today based on both NVIDIA and AMD graphic chips.
That includes several of the Quadro, Tesla, as well as the Radeon Pro WX. These Pro water blocks span across the entire length of the cards cooling all critical components. This large launch is merely one of the first big steps toward the enterprise market. In the following months, you can expect many more workstation and enterprise cooling solutions from EK.
EK-Pro GPU WB Series products
These water blocks directly cool the GPU, VRAM, and the VRM (voltage regulation module) as cooling liquid is channeled directly over these critical areas. They use an Open Split-Flow cooling engine design which proved to be a superior solution for GPU water blocks. It is characterized by low hydraulic flow restriction, which means that it can be used with weaker water pumps, or pumps running on low-speed settings and still achieve top performance. The jet plate and fin structure geometry have been optimized to provide even flow distribution with minimal losses and optimal performances even when used in reversed water flow scenarios.
The base of the block is CNC machined out of nickel-plated electrolytic copper while the top is laser cut out of industry grade stainless steel providing greater durability than another other top material. The sealing is ensured by high-quality EPDM O-Rings. The brass standoffs are already pre-installed and allow for a safe and easy installation procedure. The cold plate is thicker and more durable thanks to the thinner top compared to the consumer solutions. Also, the G1/4" port terminal is directly milled into the cold plate, all focusing toward the ultimate reliability required by the professional users.
For added stability and protection for the graphics card, the I/O plate is a part of the water block top itself. Meaning that the block replaces the stock I/O shield and adds more sturdiness to the whole assembly.
If you'd like to make a serviceable workstation, where any GPU could be replaced for maintenance or repair within roughly a minute, pairing up EK-Pro GPU water blocks with manifolds and quick disconnect kits allows you to remove any water-cooled GPU or CPU without draining the system.
EK-Pro GPU WB RTX water blocks
- EK-Pro GPU WB RTX 8000 - Ni + Inox is compatible with NVIDIA Quadro RTX 8000 GPUs.
- EK-Pro GPU WB RTX 6000 - Ni + Inox is compatible with NVIDIA Quadro RTX 6000 GPUs.
- EK-Pro GPU WB RTX 4000 - Ni + Inox is compatible with NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 GPUs.
- EK-Pro GPU WB RTX 2080 Ti - Ni + Inox is compatible with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti graphics cards
EK-Pro GPU backplates
Premium CNC machined aluminium retention backplates for NVIDIA RTX and AMD Radeon Pro WX 9100 graphics cards. They cover the entire length of the graphics cards PCB, serve as an aesthetic add-on, and also provide passive cooling for the backside of the GPU core and voltage regulation module.
- EK-Pro GPU WB RTX 4000 Backplate - Black is compatible with NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 GPUs.
- EK-Pro GPU WB RTX Backplate - Black is compatible with NVIDIA Quadro RTX 8000, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 6000, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti.
- EK-Pro GPU WB WX9100 Backplate - Black is compatible with AMD Radeon Pro WX 9100 graphics cards
EK-Pro water blocks with their respective backplates are compatible with NVIDIA NVlink HB bridges.
Availability and Pricing
EK-Pro water blocks and backplates are made in Slovenia, Europe. The Pro series water blocks are readily available for order through the EK Webshop, but their respective backplates are on pre-order status and expected to ship on June 23, 2020.
- EK-Pro GPU WB RTX 8000 - Ni + Inox 249.90€
- EK-Pro GPU WB RTX 6000 - Ni + Inox 249.90€
- EK-Pro GPU WB RTX 4000 - Ni + Inox 189.90€
- EK-Pro GPU WB RTX 2080 Ti - Ni + Inox 189.90€
- EK-Pro GPU WB WX9100 - Ni + Inox 189.90€
- EK-Pro GPU WB RTX Backplate - Black 44.90€
- EK-Pro GPU WB RTX 4000 Backplate - Black 39.90€
- EK-Pro GPU WB WX9100 Backplate - Black 44.90€