If you bought a white edition Corsair H100i RGB Platinum SE LCS your might have a leak. A bad seal of one of the hoses could be the culprit, and involves just 1% of the untis out there.
The leakage would be easy to see, because the coolant is green and the hoses are white. According to the manufacturer , it would be "less than one percent" of the total number of coolers sold. Corsair has started a recall. Users of a Hydro Series H100i RGB Platinum SE water cooler with the specific batch number '1852' can contact Corsair customer service . A replacement unit will be made available to you.
Dear CORSAIR Customers,
As a precautionary measure, CORSAIR regrets to recall a select lot code of the Hydro Series H100i RGB PLATINUM SE (CW-9060041-WW) Liquid CPU cooler. Here’s what this means to you.
1. We discovered that less than 1% of Hydro Series H100i RGB PLATINUM SE coolers sold to date are leaking small amounts of coolant into the hose sleeving. These leaks are easy to spot, as the sleeving is white, and coolant is bright green.
2. While this problem should be immediately visible when the box is opened, it can, in some cases, manifest over time.
3. Only a select lot code of affected units has been sold, lot code 1852. You can identify your cooler’s lot code by referring to its packaging, or the serial number sticker on the cooler’s radiator (see picture below & attached).
4. If your cooler is in lot code 1852, please contact CORSAIR at https://support.corsair.com to arrange for an RMA and replacement of your cooler free of charge. Replacement units will be available from April 2nd 2019.
5. This issue only affects lot code 1852 of the White Hydro Series H100i RGB PLATINUM SE liquid CPU cooler. All other lot codes of the H100i RGB PLATINUM SE and versions of the H100i RGB PLATINUM are unaffected.
We realize that the replacement of a CPU cooler is a potentially disruptive process, but wish to avoid further issues, or serious damage, to any user's system. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this will cause to our affected customers, and our customer service team is ready to help make this right.
CORSAIR Customer Service Team