Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases, including Virtual Reality games. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is optimized for the best gameplay on day-1. We have a discussion thread open on this driver here in our Nvidia driver discussion forums. For those that wonder, the DCH driver is a Microsoft DCH (Declarative Componentized Hardware supported apps) driver and refers to a new Windows 10 driver package preinstalled by OEMS implementing the Microsoft Universal Driver paradigm. While the base core component files remain the same, the way DCH drivers are packaged differs from previous Legacy (Standard) drivers. We recommend the normal driver and not DCH.
- This new Game Ready Driver provides support for The Medium, a new adventure-horror game
- that features ray tracing and our performance-accelerating NVIDIA DLSS technology.
- Includes support for GeForce RTX 30 Series laptops (RTX 3080, RTX 3070, RTX 3060).
Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases.
Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every
performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.
The Medium to Launch With Ray Tracing and NVIDIA DLSS
Bloober Team’s The Medium launches January 28th, giving horror fans a unique experience, with gameplay occurring simultaneously across two realities. On PC, The Medium’s disturbing and oppressive atmosphere is further enhanced by Microsoft DirectX Ray Tracing (DXR) and NVIDIA DLSS.
Fixed Issues in this Release
- [X4: Foundations][Vulkan]: The game may crash on GeForce RTX 30 series GPUs. 
- [X4: Foundations][Vulkan]: HUD in the game is broken. 
- [Resident Evil 2 Remake/Devil May Cry V] Games which used the RE2 engine may crash in DirectX 11 mode 
- [DaVinci Resolve]: Error 707, application crash, or application instability may occur. 
- [Adobe Premiere Pro]: The application may freeze when using Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA). [3230997/200686504]
- [Zoom][NVENC]: Webcam video image colors on the receiving end of Zoom may appear incorrect. 
- [Detroit: Become Human]: The game randomly crashes. 
- [Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game (without running any GPU hardware monitoring tool in the background) 
- [Assassin's Creed Valhalla]: The game may randomly crash after extended gameplay 
- NVIDIA Broadcast Camera filter may hang. 
- [Zoom]: Chrome browser flickers with Zoom app. 
- [G-SYNC][Surround][RTX 30 series] PC may restart when enabling NVIDIA Surround with G-SYNC enabled on RTX 30 series GPUs. 
Software Module Versions
- nView - 201.18
- HD Audio Driver - 188.8.131.52
- NVIDIA PhysX System Software - 9.19.0218
- GeForce Experience - 184.108.40.206
- CUDA - 11.2
- DCH NVIDIA Control Panel - 8.1.960.0
Check the release notes (pdf)