So if you read our Gigabyte RTX 2080 article, one of the comments I made was that I liked the previous Aorus models quite a bit better. The RTX 2080 GAMING OC 8G seems a little bit too normal for a product in that price range? Well, Gigabyte is now announcing an AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 (Ti) Xtreme version, which looks quite a lot better.
The card isn't officially released, yet some video teasers and product pages have been posted indicating a 12+2 phase VRM design and 7 display connectors. That last one is interesting as the card can't handle with it, S I would assume the extra HDMI connectors are split up, e.g. use them all and you'll end up with multiple 1080p screens at max. We'll have to wait and see how that pans out though. The AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 Xtreme will be reinforced with a metal backplate, a direct touch heat pipe and is cooled by tripe 100mm fans.
- Powered by GeForce RTX 2080 (Ti)
- Integrated with 8GB GDDR6 256-bit memory interface
- WINDFORCE Stack 3X 100mm Fan Cooling System
- RGB light reinvented
- 7 Video Outputs
- Metal Back Plate with RGB AORUS LOGO Illumination
- Built for Extreme Overclocking 12+2 Power Phases
- 4 Years Warranty (Online registration required)
New seems to be an RGB LED ring offering all kinds of RGB fun. An actual launch date for the Aorus line, however, has not been mentioned, neither was the factory boost clock mentioned.