Intended for business, but still. ViewSonic have just announced their new VG2860MHL-4K Ultra HD monitor. The TN display offers a 3840 x 2160 Ultra HD resolution with 2ms G2G response time a 1000:1 contrast ratio and 300 cd/m2 brightness.
It has 170/160 viewing angles, 1.07b colour depth and 96% sRGB gamut. It is based on a TN Film panel as you may notice from the spec.
The VG2860MHL-4K’s MultiPicture function supports Picture-in-picture (PIP), Picture-by-picture (PBP) and equally split horizontal and vertical images up to 4 video input sources which is ideal for multi-tasking, financial trading, and surveillance. It comes with a mini PC mountable stand that keeps your desk tidy. The VESA standard holes provide the flexibility for installation on bracket and wall mount. The stand is also fully ergonomic supporting tilt, swivel, height adjustment and pivot, which boost the productivity and provide a more comfortable viewing experience.
- Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz native resolution, 10 bit colour processing and 96% sRGB coverage for phenomenal image quality
- MultiPicture support PIP, PBP, equally split screen up to 4 video sources for multitasking
- 2ms fast response time for super smooth images
- DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort, HDMI, MHL, DVI, 4 USB ports and dual speakers
- Thin client mountable VESA stand with full ergonomic design includes tilt, swivel, pivot and height adjustment
In terms of connectivity, the VG2860MHL-4K comes with DisplayPort 1.2 and Mini DisplayPort 1.2 both supporting 4K resolution at 60Hz. The HDMI and MHL ports expand the connectivity to Blu-ray DVD, DSLR camera and mobile devices. It also has 4 USB ports and dual speakers built in. The VG2860MHL-4K also features a Blue Light Filter setting that allows users to adjust the amount of blue light emitted from the screen for a more comfortable viewing experience. ViewSonic’s flicker-free technology completely removes flickers to reduce computer vision syndrome. The VG2860MHL-4K is available now with an MSRP of US$599, £369, €499 excluding VAT (via TFT Central).