Check this puppy out, man that thing could fly around in a Star Wars movie totally unnoticed. Well, it is the new NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 router (AX6000), an 8-stream AX WiFi router with up to 1.2 + 4.8 Gbps wireless speeds (4x4+4x4). It promises over 1 Gbps transfer rates over Wifi.
It features the latest 802.11ax Wi-Fi standard, which includes a variety of new technologies that improve Wi-Fi speed and network capacity. The AX ready router supports up to 4 MU-MIMO simultaneous transmissions. The unit has been fitted with four high-performance antennas for extended coverage. The router is shaped the way it is for optimal antenna positioning. The AX6000 WiFi Router (RAX80) supports Gigabit WiFi connections. To power it all Netgear houses the X6000 with a 64-bit ARMV8 quad-core 1.8GHz processor. Netgear mentions that the router supports 160MHz Gigabit WiFi for mobile devices and has 2Gbps wired connectivity for local devices. At the backside, you will notice 6 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Next-gen Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) router. Leading the New Era of WiFi with ultra-fast speeds up to 6 Gbps.
- MU-MIMO and uplink & downlink OFDMA substantially improves network capacity and efficiency.
- 160MHz channel support allow for Gigabit WiFi speeds for compatible mobile devices and laptops.
- Use the six (6) Gigabit ports to connect more wired devices for faster file transfer and uninterrupted connections.
- Multi-Gig internet support with Gigabit Ethernet port aggregation.
This NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream AX6000 WiFi Router will cost a pretty penny though, 399 USD. Although you may aggregate two Gigabit jacks, it would have been nice to see a 5 or 10 Gbps connector on the unit in this price range.