NETGEAR Armor powered by Bitdefender, is now available on Orbi WiFi 6 Mesh Systems and a number of NETGEAR WiFi 6 routers.
The multi-layered cybersecurity solution, which includes Bitdefender's award-winning anti-virus, anti-malware and data protection software for end devices, is built into NETGEAR Orbi Mesh WiFi systems and Nighthawk WiFi routers to protect Internet of Things (IoT) products, connected TVs, thermostats, mobile phones, computers, tablets and other devices.
NETGEAR Armor actively safeguards networks against threats, including trojans, ransomware, zero-day exploits, rootkits, and spyware, helps block fraudulent websites trying to steal financial data such as passwords or credit card numbers, and looks out for malicious links in browsers, emails, or apps. "The world has come to learn how reliant we are on connectivity and along with this access comes potential online threats from bad actors. In 2018, NETGEAR made the strategic decision to help keep our customers secure by providing world-class network security through our partnership with Bitdefender," said David Henry, senior vice president for Connected Home Products at NETGEAR. "With NETGEAR Armor, you can sleep soundly knowing that your home network and all the connected devices are secure at home and on the go."
NETGEAR Armor is powered by award-winning technology from Bitdefender. Bitdefender is a global cybersecurity leader protecting over 500 million systems in more than 150 countries.
NETGEAR Armor consists of the following:
- Active Vulnerability Scans on all the connected devices in your home
- Instant Alerts when threats are detected & blocked through NETGEAR Orbi/Nighthawk app
- Web Protection helps you browse safer by alerting you and blocking potentially harmful webpages
- Anti-theft Protection if your devices are lost or stolen (*for Android and Windows Devices)
- Bitdefender Security delivers on-the-go protection for iOS, MAC, Android & Windows devices.
- Bitdefender VPN is a new feature included with Bitdefender Security. It provides a more secure way to browse the web and encrypts the internet connection to keep online activity private and worry-free while connected to public WiFi networks. Existing customers can update to the latest version of the Bitdefender app to access the VPN feature for free for up to 200 MB of encrypted data traffic per day per device.
NETGEAR Armor customers can upgrade their VPN from the free 200 MB of encrypted data traffic per day per device to unlimited encrypted data traffic for an additional yearly subscription of $39.99 USD.
NETGEAR Armor is complimentary for a 30-day trial period. After the trial period, a yearly subscription starting at $69.99 USD is required.