Okay, I am cranking up gossip mode to 100% here, but photo's surfaced the web of what could be the Radeon R9 390, in specific the XFX Double Dissipation edition.
The photo's surfaced today. The product is nice looking with a dual slot dual 100mm-fan cooler. The card has a 6 and 8-pin PCIe power header and again seems to have a XDMA CrossFire (bridgeless) mode.
Next iteration of the highly successful GCN design
- Up to 4096 shader units
- Full DirectX 12_Tier 3 implementation
- Optimized for 4K gaming & beyond
- First ever GPU designed for VR immersion
- Special enthusiast water-cooled edition
- Up to 8GB of ultra-high bandwidth HBM video memory
- Hardware H.265 decoding and over 4x the previous H.264 encoding speed, enabling smooth live streaming
- Enhanced ZeroCore functionallity
The card is expected to get 4 or 8 GB HBM memory. The 390X entry would be a GPU with 4096 Shader Processors running / 64 Compute Units at 1GHz with 4GB of graphics memory running at 1.25GHz (= 5Gbps). The photo's could be demo / engineering samples of some kind and whether or not these are to be the real thing remains a question. But yeah, expect two SKUs with 4096 and one with 3520 Shader processors running in the 1 GHz marker.
Here are the leaked photo's ... courtesy goes out to wccftech, who found them at a Chinese forum, for posting these.