Driver Sweeper is very easy to use. You only have to select the drivers you want to clean up.
The best way to clean drivers is to first uninstall the drivers using the official uninstallers, reboot in Safe Mode and run Guru3D - Driver Sweeper. However, rebooting and not going into Safe Mode also works, but can cause some files not to be cleaned.
What can it be used for ?
The current supported drivers are NVIDIA (Display and Chipset), ATI (Display), Creative (Sound), Ageia (PhysX), MMouse and Realtek (Sound).
All the settings are saved in an ini file. Nothing is created in the registry, so it's possible to use it as a portable program. Log files can be saved to the harddisk and viewed as well. You can find the logs under the Tools menu.
The Guru3D - Driver Sweeper is fully tested on Windows 2000, XP, Vista and Windows & 7 RC. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are supported.
More info and revision history can be found here:
- Official Guru3D - Driver Sweeper homepage click here.
- Official Guru3D - Driver Sweeper forums click here.
- Official Guru3D Download - Click here
New in this release:
- Replaced cog icon with a new icon.
- Character to seperate registry keys from registry values in the analyse list.
- Some layout changes.
- Increased default window size.
- Update notifications, auto update has been removed.
- Directory wildcard search for custom filters.
- Added Norwegian translation. Thanks to Magnus Gran