Exploding Galaxy S3 was actually Microwaved

Display 99 Published by

A week or two ago we repoerted about a story from a consumer who's Galaxy S3 had exploded. Engadget reports that Samsung said they were looking into it and, along with a third party investigation, have decided it occurred as a result of "external energy" being applied to the device, not anything from within the phone itself. The damage is consistent with the phone going in the microwave.

The original poster dillo2k10 has posted an update on Boards.ie, indicating it was a mistake by someone else in an attempt to recover the phone after it got wet.

The Samsung Tomorrow post linked cites a report from Fire Investigations UK finding that the phone itself was not responsible for generating the heat that caused the damage, so GSIII owners (and the pockets of their skinny jeans) should be able to breathe easier.

Share this content
Twitter Facebook Reddit WhatsApp Email Print