AMD overnight updated its Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition drivers towards build 17.12.2. The updated driver has numerous updates and fixes, involving Star Wars: Battlefront II, Netflix and AMD XConnect which we'll address the release notes after the break.
We have a discussion thread open on these drivers right here, we have a background article on Adrenalin for this driver which you may read, right here. As always you know where you can grab the drivers from our local 10 gigabit/s server.
Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.2 Highlights
- Radeon Settings Video tab may disappear on some hybrid graphics system configurations after a reboot
- AMD XConnect™ Technology enabled system configurations may experience an intermittent system hang on hot plug.
- GPU Display scaling may fail to enable when desktop resolution is set very low.
- Region recording in Radeon ReLive will continue to record when the region window is closed.
- 3x1 display configurations may experience instability during Eyefinity creation or during gaming.
- Ark Survival Evolved™ may experience heavy flickering or corruption when enabling the performance metrics overlay in Windows®7.
- A black screen may be experienced when running full screen games on the Samsung CF791 Radeon FreeSync enabled display.
- Netflix™ playback in a browser or via UWP application may experience stutter.
- Radeon Overlay performance metrics may appear and disappear intermittently during updates.
- Color Temperature controls may change colors on the incorrect display when using the reset option.
- Star Wars™: Battlefront II may experience graphical corruption in some areas of the game.
- Radeon Settings may experience a hang when enabling AMD CrossFire with three or more graphics products.
- Trimming videos may fail to create a thumbnail if the video contains non-English characters.
- Flickering may be observed on the performance metrics overlay when Enhanced Sync is enabled on some Radeon FreeSync connected displays.
- Performance Metrics Overlay may hang if enabled when cycling display power off and on.
- The "Reset" function in Radeon Settings for Display, ReLive, and Video may not work as intended when using Radeon Settings in certain regional languages.
- Radeon WattMan may intermittently fail to load profiles for Radeon RX Vega on the global Radeon Wattman page.
- Rise of the Tomb Raider™ may experience an intermittent application hang during gameplay.
- A random system hang may be experienced after extended periods of use on system configurations using 12 GPU's for compute workloads.
- The GPU Workload feature may cause a system hang when switching to Compute while AMD CrossFire is enabled. A workaround is to disable AMD CrossFire before switching the toggle to Compute workloads.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.2 installation package contains the following:
- Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.2 Driver Version 17.50.07.01 (Windows Driver Store Version 23.20.15007.1005)