Time for some new deals on the news page. Today let's have a browse for Core i7 processors and motherboards.
Core i7 processors
- A really good processor value wise, Intel Core i7 Processor I7 920 costs $294.99
- Clocked slightly higher, the Intel Core i7 Processor I7 940 at $569.99
- Very expensive, but had it running 4 GHz on air cooling, the processor of our choice in our next-gen test system, the wonderful Core i7 965 XE priced at $1029.99.
Now to complement such a processor, a mainboard upgrade is required. The one thing X58 is not is cheap. Here are some good mainboards which we all tested or used recently.
- Well, let's begin with the one that rules them all. Sure it's rediculously expensive, but so sweet, the ASUS X58 Rampage II Extreme Republic of Gamers edition. Are you ready ?.. it sells for $397.99. This is the motherboard of our choice and sitting in Guru3D's new 2009 VGA test system.
- Forfeit some of the features and you next best bet will be the ASUS P6T Deluxe - Motherboard at $295.44
- Way cheaper, yet with a lot less feature is Intels reference motherboard, the DX58SO and it sells at $258.99
As always, you can clock on the prices to visit the shops directly and check out specs.