Announced back in January, now available is the ASUS Z270-WS. Z270-WS has four PCI Express x16 slots, protected by reinforced PCIe slots and is able to carry up to four dual-slot graphic cards.
ASUS workstation motherboards have also been upgraded for the Z270 era. Z270-WS features 5-Way Optimization to dynamically optimize performance with a click.
- Ultimate graphics power with 4-Way NVIDIA SLI and AMD Crossfire X
- Next-gen transfer speeds with 32Gbit/s Dual M.2 and U.2, 10Gb/s USB 3.1 Type A and Type C connections
- 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and FanXpert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for maximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling
- Realtek S1220A audio codec provides crystal-clear sound and powerful audio quality
- Patent-pending SafeSlots feature an injection
Similar to the Prime Series, Z270-WS is fitted with Realtek S1220A and Crystal Sound 3. And with newly-added DTS Headphone:X Technology, the Z270-WS delivers flawless audio with immersive 3D surrounding sound. Z270-WS also offers scalable high-speed storage and expandable connectivity, with dual M.2 and dual U.2 on demand — for up to 32Gbps of PCIe bandwidth. Z270-WS provides great backward compatibility with integrated USB 3.1 Type-A, plus future-proof connectivity in the shape of reversible USB 3.1 Type-C — all protected by the stainless-steel back I/O shield. In addition to up to 10Gbps transfer speeds, Z270-WS also supports ASUS ThunderboltEX 3, a quick-to-fit expansion card for blistering transfer speeds of up to 40Gbps. It also has built-in dual Intel Gigabit LAN, making connections to multiple networks both easy and convenient.