Fractal Design Torrent Nano ITX
A new epoch hath begun?
We review the Fractal Design Torrent Nano in a white finish, a silent PC housing for small form factor motherboards. For this Mini-ITX ready chassis can you'll be surprised about storage, style, USB 3.x options. Next to that, it's rather an airflow-friendly, tiny, and nice-looking Mini-ITX chassis.
Meet the torrent; a very different type of PC case from what we are used to seeing from Fractal Design, with a strong emphasis on airflow and silence. Armed with one big 180mm fan at the front cooling performance is more than satisfactory, and the Torrent has proper acoustic qualities Potential purchasers have the option of selecting either metal side panels or a moderately or substantially tinted glass panel on the left side of the chassis.
The Torrent series of high-performance PC cases is built entirely around the purpose of providing the most amount of airflow possible right out of the box while supporting high-end hardware that requires particularly big cooling systems, according to the manufacturer. The open component layout, which includes a top-mounted power supply compartment and Mini-ITX/DTX support, a large open front grille and bottom intakes, and, probably most importantly, a 180 x 38 mm Dynamic X2 PWM or Prisma ARGB PWM fan are some of the outstanding features.
- Open front grille with 180 mm fan support and full-length base intake
- Fractal Design 180 x 38 mm Dynamic X2 PWM and Prisma AL PWM ARGB fan leverage power, size, and thickness for greatly enhanced air-moving capacity
- Streamlined open interior with extra headroom for components and cooling
- Top mounted PSU compartment with aerodynamic shape and integrated ARGB effects (TG versions only)
- Supports standard radiator sizes up to 240 mm in the front using included fan adapter brackets
- External cable tie-downs help manage the power cord and other cables on the rear exterior
- GPU support bracket included
- Seamless tempered glass panels with bolt-free top-latching mechanism
- Integrated LED lighting (on TG versions) and Prisma ARGB fans use standard 5V RGB connectors for full software control on motherboards with addressable RGB support
- Removable top bezel and cable guides with cable ties behind the motherboard plate
- Vibration-damped HDD tray and one dedicated dual-mount SSD bracket included
- An additional 2.5” drive can be mounted to the underside of the HDD/SSD tray
- Integrated support for a water-cooling reservoir on the motherboard tray
- Front and bottom dust filters easily accessible by removing the front panel
- Three bridgeless expansion slots ensure obstruction-free hookup