TheWorse, MaLDo and VAAS have combined their skills and have released a new mod based on the kadzait24 initial mod for Ubisoft's open world title Watch Dogs. The mod bring improved textures, some E3 effects and well, a whole lot more. This is a must have mod and highly recommend using it as it brings a lot of improvements.
- Extract the patch.fat and patch.dat files;
- Drag them to the data_win64 folder, (Example: D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Watch_Dogs\data_win64);
- Overwrite any files if necessary;
Here is the changelog for this new version of TheWorse’s mod:
Changes in 1.0:
- Several changes and adjustments to the rain, speed, intensity, etc.
- Normal, aiming and sprint camera dof distance increased.
- Bloom for storms changed.
- Colorgrading settings adjusted.
- Complete black bug fixed.
- Other small changes.
Changes in 0.99v:
- Exposure adjusted for clear day-night.
- FOG reduced and adjusted.
- Implemented new DOF values to ensure a better visibility and gameplay with the mod.
- Lighting adjusted again.
- Light color and spotlight volume color of the helicopter light changed (Mostly for testing).
- New camera values for a better view of aiden and overall.
- LOD values changed and adjusted for better performance-quality.
- Bloom enhanced.
- Many other changes and adjustments.
And other small changes to deliver a better game experience.
Game is now properly using its high textures for the following items, including several textures for the lensflares and so on.
- Some lighting textures
- Some ground textures
- Some sky textures
- some atmospheric effects
- Headlight shadows are now working properly.
- Changed the distance of the actual texture in order to make the overall look more realistic
- Changed the intensity of the light reflection and the overall texture.
- Headlight colors are now properly applied to new and older cars.
- Made a new texture for the lensflares.
- Changed the shadow bias so flickering should be fixed, still read the big disclaimer.
- Sun light color has been changed for every tod in order to clean up the horrible washed up colors that ubisoft put into the final game.
- SSAO Visibility and strength has been increased for every tod.
- Exposure has been adjusted aswell for every tod. To ensure better colors and visibility.
- White point has been reduced for better white balance.
- Sun light intensity has been adjusted for every tod.
- Sky intensity has been adjusted for every tod.
- Shadows has been adjusted.
- Overall light intensity has been adjusted and/or increased for every tod.
- Headlights and streetlights are now enabled for every tod in storm weather. Due to being now really dark like it should be.
- Increased light probes intensity in order to make night not that dark.
- Other minor changes.
- Intensity has been changed.
- Splashes intensity and size increased.
- Cascades intensity and distance changed.
- Rain streak intensity increased.
- Now it should rain more frequently
- Other changes.
- Fog has been changed and increased for storm weather.
- Fog has been increased for clear day weather.
- New bloom adapted and changed for every tod and every weather.
- New colorgrading settings to adapt and change the new lighting.
- Added new sky settings for every tod and every weather.
- Civilian density increased to maximum values to ensure its not a ghost town.
- Helicopter and Police volumetric lights intensity increased.
- Aiden's coat movement and wave speed reduced so it doesn't wave like crazy.
- Normal Camera slighly changed.
- DOF intensity and distance slighly changed.
If not using version 0.97, here are some installation instructions for version 0.8:
- Download the file, decompress the rar in any folder you want.
- Open the config file located in “WDT_Data/config/WDTConfig.cfg
- Place your Game_Path For example Game_Path=C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonWatch_Dogs
- Save the file and open the tool exe “WDTooL.exe”
- Select your settings and press the tick button to apply changes
- If something is stuck press the middle button to reset the settings
- If everything is ok a path.dat file will be created in your data_win64 folder
- Enjoy the game
You can find the Guru3D forum support thread over here.