Media Player Classic - Home Cinema ( MPC-HC ) is a free and open-source video / audio player for Windows. MPC-HC is based on the original Guliverkli project of the Media Player Classic from Gabest and contains many additional functions and bug fixes. A fork of version 1.7.13 was created in early 2018. Since then, the developer has updated the internal libraries, fixed bugs and security gaps, and made minor improvements. The official website is not maintained, you will only be kept up to date with this fork via the GitHub page.
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.78
- Updated MediaInfo DLL to version 23.10
- Updated MPC Audio Renderer
- Updated all other third party libraries
- Added OpenSubtitles.com subtitle search provider. The existing OpenSubtitles.org provider is scheduled to stop working at the end of 2023. Note: you need a new login for OpenSubtitles.com
- Video preview can now also be placed below the seekbar. See: Options > Tweaks
- The internal subtitle renderer now has an option to use libass for rendering
- Some improvements related to the advanced option for separate fullscreen
- Added right-click actions to some of the toolbar buttons:
- Play = Open File, Stop = Close File, Skip Back = Previous File, Skip Forward = Next File, Frame Step = Frame Step Backwards (seek), Mute = Toggle Next Audio Track
- Support scanning of ATSC channels
- Playlist is now docked to the right side by default. You can drag it to bottom/left/top if you prefer those locations. Or even outside player window.
- Drag&drop/LoadSubtitle/ToggleSubtitle now also work with DirectVobSub and XySubFilter
- HEVC hardware decoding is now disabled by default (on fresh install or settings reset) for Intel Haswell/Broadwell GPUs. These older GPUs have slow partially accelerated decoding and software decoding may be preferred for stability. You can of course still enable it if desired.
- A few DPI scaling fixes for problems that occurred when moving between two screens with different DPI
- Fixed an issue with DVB subtitles not working during live playback
- Fixed an issue changing subtitle default style through styles dialog
- Fixed Pan&Scan movement being wrong for rotated video with MadVR
- Several other small fixes