The Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility installs the Windows INF files. The INF files inform the operating system how to properly configure the chipset for specific functionality, such as USB and core PCI.
- Unpack the setup.exe from the folder to a new folder on desktop
- Create a desktop shortcut to the .exe
- Add -overall to end of target line it should look something like this
|"C:\Users\**YOURPCNAME**\Desktop\New folder\SetupChipset.exe" -overall|
- Right click shortcut and select "Run As Administrator.
- Follow install instructions and reboot PC when installation finishes.
Run this easy to use Intel Driver Update Utility and it will automatically tell you if you need to update your chipset INF file, and if so, will prompt you to install and you are done. This will save you a lot of time not only on your chipset download but the most common files needed for your system.
Intel Chipset Device Software is the new name for the Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility; this name will be seen when running the installation package.
The Intel Chipset Device Software installs the Windows INF files. An INF is a text file that provides the operating system with information about a piece of hardware on the system. In the case of the current Intel Chipset Device Software, that information is primarily the product name for the piece of hardware. This allows the operating system to show the correct name for that piece of hardware in Device Manager.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x64
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 7 x64
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 x64
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Microsoft Windows 8 x64
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 x64
- Microsoft Windows 8.1
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 x64
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 x64
- Microsoft Windows 10 (only for Intel Atom / Celeron/ Pentium Processor)
- Microsoft Windows 10 x64
- Microsoft Windows Server Threshold x64
- Intel Xeon Processor E5-2600 v3 product family
- Intel Xeon Processor E5-2600 v4 product family
- Intel C610 series chipset
- Intel C600 series chipset
- Intel Atom Processor C2000 product family
- Intel Atom Processor S1200 product family
- Intel Xeon Processor D-1500 product family
- Intel Communications Chipset 8900 Series
- Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v5 product family
- Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v4 product family
- Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v3 product family
- Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v2 product family
- Intel C230 series chipset family
- Intel C220 series chipset family
- Intel C210 series chipset family
Release note: Fix issues on USB controller devices 8D2D and 8D26 for Intel C610 series/X99 chipset