ATI Catalyst 9.12 hotfix Driver
Right along with the WHQL release ATI decided to also launch a hotfix driver that addresses certain specific issues -- and there are truly some significant changes in this one.
Should you be interested, we have a discussion thread open on these drivers right here.
Fixes for the following issues:
- Resident Evil 5 Performance drop during the opening cinematic
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Performance drop observed with a supported ATI CrossFireX configuration when using the thermal scope
- Wheelman Game freezes while loading the game menu
- Flashing in various OpenGL titles City of Heroes, Enemy Territories: Quake Wars, Riddick
- Heaven benchmark (DirectX 9 mode) Grass flickers and white boarders observed around the edges
- ATI Radeon HD 5970 Series, ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series, and ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series issue with HDMI: DTS-HD and Dolby True-HD not working properly with certain receivers
- The desktop mouse cursor becomes enlarged at random when using Windows 7
Support for ATI CrossFireX on Eyefinity configurations
- The ATI Catalyst 9.12 hotfix release provides ATI CrossFireX support on Eyefinity configurations, allowing users to take advantage of their additional GPUs for increased gaming performance when driving high resolution Eyefinity display groups
- Supported on the ATI Radeon HD 5970 Series, ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series, and ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Support for DisplayPort audio
- The ATI Catalyst 9.12 hotfix release adds support for DisplayPort audio for DisplayPort panels
Support for the OpenCL GPU component of the ATI Stream SDK v2.0
- The ATI Catalyst 9.12 hotfix release provides full support for GPU acceleration of OpenCL when used in conjunction with the ATI Stream SDK v2.0. This feature is supported on theATI Radeon HD 5970 Series, ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series, ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, ATI Radeon HD 4000 Series and the AMD FireStream 9200 Series of products.