Resolved CATALYST Driver Issues
- Enabling both the CRT and DVI connectors and setting the CRT to primary no longer results in display corruption being seen on the display connected to the DVI when running 3D Labs applications and disabling the display on the DVI connector
- The mouse pointer no longer flashes or becomes corrupted when setting the display mode to 1080i and launching Windows MCE
- DVD playback hesitation at the beginning of a movie is no longer noticed when using the ATI DVD Player under Windows XP with an ATI 8500 ALL-IN-WONDER installed
- The Windows XP operating system no longer fails to respond when a D3D application generates a floating-point exception error
- The BIOS Version information is now stated correctly in the Details found in the ATI Options tab. Further, the correct DAC and ASIC information is now displayed in the Adapter tab found in the advanced setting of the display properties
- The Overlay Theater Mode table has now been extended to support 1080i and 720p
- Launching EVE Online under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON 8500, 9100, or 9200 series no longer results in a VPU recover error before the terms and conditions is displayed
Resolved Game Issues
- Setting the D3D option to Optimal Quality and configuring the game Freedom Fighters to 1280x1024 no longer results in display corruption being seen on the test resolution window. This issue occurred under Windows XP with an ALL-IN-WONDER 9200 installed
- The water that surrounds Death Island in the game Halo: Combat evolved is now seen as blue in colour. This issues was known to occur under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON 8500 installed
- Image rendering issues in the Truform room found in Serious Sam are no longer noticed when increasing the Truform level to maximum under the Advanced Rendering Option
- Flashing textures in the water are no longer noticed when running Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON X800 XT installed
- Playing the game TOCA Race Driver under Windows XP no longer results in the shadows being missing under the car when the shadow quality is set to high
- Navigate to the CATALYST Download folder on your desktop. Double-click on the folder to view its content.
- Double click the CATALYST display driver. Accept all the default prompts.
- Restart your system as required.
For more details, please review the RELEASE NOTES.