This article provides information on the latest posting of the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Driver. The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Driver is compatible with the following AMD products. This one brings support for Oculus Rift SDK v1.3, the HTC Vive but also adds a Crissfire profile for Hitman and support for Doom and Battleborn.
|AMD Desktop Product Family Compatibility|
|AMD Radeon R9 Fury Series Graphics||AMD Radeon R7 300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon R9 Nano Series Graphics||AMD Radeon R7 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon R9 300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon HD 8500 - HD 8900 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon R9 200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon HD 7700 - HD 7900 Series Graphics|
- Windows 10 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows 8.1 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2 Highlights
- Support for:
- New AMD Crossfire profile available for:
- Radeon Settings may sometimes suggest upgrading to an older driver revision when using the new driver notification feature.
- Frame Rate Target Control may not keep the users previous settings when disabled.
- The option to enable/disable AMD Crossfire™ technology logo may be missing on some system configurations from the" Gaming, Global Options" tab in Radeon Settings.
- Radeon Settings game manager does not display icons for Origin Games.
- Radeon Settings launch with Eyefinity profiles may sometimes not take effect after system has been rebooted for profiled games.
- Some characters or game areas are rendered very dark in Hitman™ using AMD Crossfire technology mode.
- Restore factory defaults may occasionally not work for the "Display" tab in Radeon Settings.
- The power efficiency toggle in Radeon Settings may be available to some unsupported system configurations.
- The text in Radeon Settings drop down menus may sometimes get cut off when in windowed mode with some Windows DPI scaling settings.
- League of Legends users may experience minor graphical corruption when using AMD Crossfire technology mode.
- Star Wars™: Battlefront users may see corrupted ground textures in the Survival of Hoth mission.
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay".
- Users in Quad AMD Crossfire technology configurations may be unable to re-enable AMD Crossfire mode when using the global AMD Crossfire option in the "Gaming" tab and toggling it from on to off.
- The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt inventory and character pages may exhibit flickering in AMD Crossfire technology mode.
- Call of Duty™: Advanced Warfare may exhibit stuttering when using AMD FreeSync™ technology and AMD Crossfire technology in conjunction.
- Installing Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2 multiple times on the same machine after rebooting may cause the installer to hang.
- The AMD Crossfire mode options in Radeon Settings may not take effect on Origin or Uplay applications.
- Radeon Settings Additional Settings page may not be available when upgrading to Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2 from the current windows update driver. As a work around please clean uninstall all current Radeon Software when upgrading if your system exhibits this issue.
- Some textures may exhibit flickering in Fallout™ 4 when using AMD Crossfire technology.
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex™ may exhibit brightness flickering when using AMD FreeSync™ technology.
- Frame Rate Target Control gaming profiles may fail to enable for some games.
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2 Driver contains the following:
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2 Driver Version 16.20.1010.