This new release 16.11.2 is focused on an improvement to our Shader Cache feature to allow more shaders to be stored for extremely demanding games that may have previously hit the old storage cap. This will allow some games like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered to benefit more from this feature.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition is AMD’s graphics software that delivers functionality, graphics performance, features, and innovation that redefines the overall user experience. Every Radeon Software release strives to deliver new features, better performance and stability improvements.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.11.2 Highlights
- Support For: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
- Improved Shader Cache storage limit. This will allow the Shader Cache feature to store more shaders for extremely demanding games that may have previously hit the old storage cap.
New AMD CrossFire profile added for DirectX11:
- AMD XConnect Technology will now allow Microsoft Office applications to migrate to iGPU on unplug.
- Flickering may be observed on some surfaces in a few maps or locations in Battlefield 1 in AMD CrossFire mode.
- Radeon R9 390 graphics series may experience a crash or application hang when running Unigine™ Heaven using OpenGL.
- The Radeon WattMan feature may intermittently display a Radeon Software popup error regarding Radeon WattMan for non-supported products.
- The Division™ may experience an application freeze or hang when running in AMD CrossFire mode after extended periods of play.
- OBS screen capture may stutter after extended periods of use while capturing video and watching or streaming content in a web browser.