This particular software suite updates the AMD Catalyst Display Driver and the AMD Catalyst Control Center. This unified driver has been updated, and is designed to provide enhanced performance and reliability.
The AMD Catalyst Software Suite, AMD Catalyst 15.5 Beta contains the following:
- AMD Catalyst Display Driver version 14.502.1014.1001.
Compatible Operating Systems
The latest version of the AMD Catalyst Software Suite, AMD Catalyst 15.5 Beta is designed to support the following Microsoft Windows platforms:
- Windows 8.1 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
Highlights of AMD Catalyst 15.5 Beta Windows Driver
Crossfire Profile Update for:
- The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt
Performance Improvements for the following :
- The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt : Up to 10% performance increase on single GPU Radeon R9 and R7 Series graphics products
- Project Cars - Up to 17% performance increase on single GPU Radeon R9 and R7 Series graphics products
- The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt : To enable the best performance and experience in Crossfire, users must disable Anti-Aliasing from the games video-post processing options. Some random flickering may occur when using Crossfire. If the issue is affecting the game experience, as a work around we suggest disabling Crossfire while we continue to work with CD Projekt Red to resolve this issue
-  Project CARS: Corruption may be observed if Anti-Aliasing is set to DS2M when run in Crossfire mode. As a workaround we suggest using a different Anti-Aliasing method.
- This driver is not intended for use on AMD products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their manufacturer for driver support.
- When installing the AMD Catalyst™ Driver for Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of the AMD Catalyst Driver.
- The AMD Catalyst 15.5 Beta Software Suite requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
- The AMD Catalyst 15.5 Beta Software Suite requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 to be installed. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is included in all Catalyst packages.
- AMD Eyefinity technology is designed to give gamers access to high display resolutions. As pixel count grows, the graphics "horsepower" required to drive the displays at a reasonable frame rate can increase dramatically. Depending on the game and system configuration, users may notice texture corruption and reduced frame rates when running games in multi-monitor Eyefinity modes.