XFX, EVGA launch GeForce GTX 200 reimbursement programs
When NVIDIA decided to lower prices last week in their high-end serieses merely a couple of weeks after it's launch, it certainly did piss off a lot of people who had just bought the hardware.
To ease that pain a little, XFX and eVGA have launched reimbursement programs which will see early GTX 200 buyers get either cash back or EVGA bucks.
XFX's offer is available in the US and Canada and will enable those who have purchased a GTX 260 or 280 between June 16 and July 11 (2008) to get up to $120 in cash. EVGA's promotion covers the June 16th to July 7th period and will provide GTX 260 and GTX 280 owners with either $75 or $60 and $150 or $125 EVGA bucks which can be used to purchase other EVGA products.Terms & Conditions:
- Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
- You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
- Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
- If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
- EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back**
- EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back**
I have to say. Hats off to both of them for doing this it really is a nice gesture, but the Northern America / Canada limitation .. that is seriously silly.
Does the world end at these regions ? Why doesn't the rest of your end-users deserve the same courtesy ? We hope more AIBs will join this example and that the cashback will not be a limited one to the US & Canada only.