WD will demo 5mm thin storage devices at Computex
Western Digital sends word that it is gonna demonstrate its 5mm thin solid state hybrid drives and hard disk drives at Computex: WD, announced that it will demonstrate its solid state hybrid drives (SSHD) and 5 mm ultra-slim hard drive technologies.
Intended for tablet and other thin-and-light devices at the COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2013 trade event, held in Taiwan from June 4 to June 8, 2013. The innovations will be a part of WD's exhibit showcasing its latest storage technologies and solutions addressing thin-and-light mobile devices, cloud datacenter computing and the connected lifestyle. At Taipei World Trade Center Nangang Exhibition Hall, booth number L0810, WD will demonstrate:
- The world's first ultra-slim 2.5-inch, 5 mm hard drives and SSHDs, which are designed for integration into the slimmest devices and space-constrained computing environments;
- 7 mm form factor drive designs for high-capacity mobile storage;
- Enterprise storage building blocks for the cloud-oriented datacenters, aligning to application performance, capacity, reliability and workload;
- Connected Life Products, revolving around personal cloud storage and software, enabling personal and premium content on multiple screens; and
- WD's "Power of Choice" client hard drive solutions. The four colors – WD Blue™, WD Green™, WD Black™ and WD Red™ – enable customers' easy selection of the best WD drive for their application or usage requirements.