The Gamer's Bill of Rights
In an attempt to improve the PC gaming experience, Stardock and Gas Powered Games have proposed that all publishers adhere to their Gamer's Bill of Rights. This isn't something terribly new to gaming in general--consoles already have a similar standards system. Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo, certify console games and tell developers what they can and cannot do. But on the PC we don't have anything like that. Of course, we do have Games for Windows, but it's not quite the same as what we're doing here.
1. Gamers shall have the right to return games that don't work with their computers for a full refund.
2. Gamers shall have the right to demand that games be released in a finished state.
3. Gamers shall have the right to expect meaningful updates after a game's release.
4. Gamers shall have the right to demand that download managers and updaters not force themselves to run or be forced to load in order to play a game.
5. Gamers shall have the right to expect that the minimum requirements for a game will mean that the game will adequately play on that computer.
6. Gamers shall have the right to expect that games won't install hidden drivers or other potentially harmful software without their express consent.
7. Gamers shall have the right to re-download the latest versions of the games they own at any time.
8. Gamers shall have the right to not be treated as potential criminals by developers or publishers.
9. Gamers shall have the right to demand that a single-player game not force them to be connected to the Internet every time they wish to play.
10. Gamers shall have the right that games which are installed to the hard drive shall not require a CD/DVD to remain in the drive to play.
F1 Online: The Game Announced - 08/15/2011 09:56 AM
Codemasters announced that F1 ONLINE: THE GAME, a free-to-play browser game, is in production at Codemasters Studios and set to launch in Q1 2012 at www.F1OnlineTheGame.com. F1 ONLINE: THE GAME will g...
Jurassic Park - The Game Trailer - 02/21/2011 11:24 AM
Check out the first footage from the game, which will be released for PC, Mac and more in April: ...