Sharkoon launches X-Tatic AIR Wireless headset
Sharkoon launches X-Tatic AIR Wireless headset, developed for the Xbox 360 and PS3, but is also compatible with PC, Wii as well as TV sets and other sound sources with RCA audio outputs. The digital 2.4 GHz transmission technology of the X-Tatic AIR ensures clear voice and gaming sound within a radius of up to ten meters from the console or rather the transmitter unit*, while the enclosed NiMH batteries support gaming sessions of up to ten hours.
The X-Tatic AIR adjusts perfectly to the shape of your head with its adjustable, padded headband, soft ear cushions and individually adjustable ear cups. It guarantees a comfortable fit even during all night gaming sessions.
Two separate analog audio inputs allow it to be simultaneously connected to the console and attached to a TV or other audio source. Through the transmitter either audio input can be selected. Connecting the AIR is quick and easy with little effort. Also, the X-Tatic AIR can easily be connected via USB to a PC.
Through the noise-canceling microphone background noises are effectively minimized, resulting in voice commands being clearly and precisely understood. The microphone can be detached from the headset, so that it is not in the way when in use with a music player or TV. If needed, the microphone can be muted through a corresponding button on the headset; a built-in LED on the microphone indicates when the mute function has been activated. Chat and game volume can be regulated separately to create a perfect sound balance and ensure clear communication with other players at all times.
If after three minutes no adjacent sound is detected the Auto-Sleep function activates the Standby mode, which ensures that power consumption is reduced to a minimum. The practical headset suspension at the base of the transmitter allows secure storage of the headset when not in use. Depending on spatial conditions the hanger can also be removed.
Ambient noises are effectively isolated through the closed, ear encompassing headset design. At the same time it creates an enclosed area around the ears allowing the sound dimension of the 40 mm drives to fully unfold. Three preconfigured equalizer modes offer appropriate sound settings for use in different sound settings***.
The X-Tatic AIR was specifically tailored to the needs of gamers: For particularly extensive gaming sessions, an extra set of AAA batteries for the headset can be charged battery-charging station of the transmitter while in use. Thus, after a brief battery change over, another ten hours of additional gaming can commence. This charging unit also offers the possibility to charge AA batteries since they are needed in the Xbox® Gamepad. Corresponding AA and AAA batteries are already included within packaging of the headset. A warning signal indicates the low battery level while in game mode, allowing enough time for a change.
The transmitter unit of the AIR also offers a USB charging port. Since USB ports on the PS3 are rare, a corresponding USB charging port is integrated into the base: Here, the Gamepad can be easily charged. Of course, the charging port is also suitable for other compatible devices (i.e. smartphone, MP3 players, etc.). Both the battery and the Gamepad charging function are available even if the transmitter unit is in standby mode.
The headset controls are easily accessible on the headphones. This ensures that the gameplay is not interrupted for long periods of time while searching for the right buttons.
- Ultimate wireless gaming experience with Xbox® 360 and PS3™
- Operating range of up to 10 meters*
- Compatible with PC and Wii™
- 360-degree reception
- Connection to other audio sources (e.g. TV, Receiver etc.) with RCA connector possible
- Dual RCA input with source selection
- Flexible and detachable microphone
- Operates on two AAA rechargeable NiMH batteries with up to 10 hours continuous operation**
- Transmitter station with integrated AA and AAA NiMH batteries charging function for headphone (AAA) and Xbox® 360 gamepads (AA)
- USB charger port for PS3™ gamepads
- PowerCharge Function enables battery charging during standby mode and gaming
- Easily accessible controls on both ear caps
- Separate game and voice volume control and microphone mute button
- 3 Equalizer modes for special sound effects***
- Headset auto sleep function initiates after 3 minutes to conserve battery power when out of range and/or without audio signal
- Driverless Plug and Play operation with Windows XP/7 via USB interface
- Integrated headset mount (can be attached/removed at any time)
- Supply Voltage: DC 5V
- Channel Frequency: 2.403 ~ 2.477 GHz
- Gamepad Charger / USB Port: max. 500 mA
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.065 ~ 0.1 W
- Dimensions: 160 mm x 142 mm x 248 mm (L x W x H/with headset mount)
- 160 mm x 142 mm x 44 mm (L x W x H/w/o headset mount)
- Weight: ~270 g (w/o batteries)/~331 g (with batteries)
- Battery Specification: 2x 1.2 V (NiMH)
- Channel Frequency: 2.403 ~ 2.477 GHz
- Operating Voltage: 2.2 V ~ 3.0 V
- Operating Current: typ. 85 mA, max. 110 mA
- Speaker diameter: 40 mm with Neodym magnet
- Impedance: 32 Ω
- Sound Pressure Level: 120 dB +/- 3 dB at 1 KHz
- Frequency Response: 35 Hz – 24 kHz (-3 dB)
- Power Output: typ. 20 mW, max. 30 mW
- Dimensions: 185 mm x 101 mm x 197 mm (L x W x H)
- Weight: ~263 g (w/o batteries)/286 g (with batteries)
- Diameter: 4 x 1.5 mm (L x W)
- Directivity: omni-directional
- Sensitivity: -42 dB +/- 3 dB
- Impedance: 2.2 kΩ
- Frequency Response: 100 Hz – 5 KHz (-3 dB)
- Operating voltage: typ. 2.0 V
- Game consoles (e.g. Xbox®, Xbox® 360, PS3™ and Wii™)
- DVD and media players with RCA audio connectors
- X-Tatic AIR Headset
- Transmitter station incl. headset mount
- Detachable microphone
- 1x RCA cable (male/male)
- 2x RCA adapters (2x female/1x male)
- 1x USB cable (type A male/type A male)
- 1x 2.5 mm chat cable for XBox®
- 4x NiMH AA rechargeable batteries and 4x NiMH AAA rechargeable batteries
- Power adapter (110 V~230 V) incl. travel adapters (EU, US and UK)
- Manual flyer
Sharkoon REX3 Value And REX3 Economy PC Chassis - 10/26/2012 09:28 AM
Sharkoon introduced two new mid-tower PC cases namely the REX3 Value and REX3 Economy. Both entry-level PC cases provide three 5.25-inch and four 3.5-inch drive bays, a mesh front panel, six USB ports (6 x USB 2.0 for the Economy, 2 x USB 3.0 and 4 x USB 2.0 for the Value), seven PCI slots, and three holes for watercooling tubes on the back panel.
Sharkoon X-Tatic Pro 5.1 Dolby Digital Headset - 09/20/2012 11:51 AM
Sharkoon launched their
Sharkoon Tactix Gaming Keyboard - 07/25/2012 09:43 AM
Sharkoon presents the budget-friendly Tactix Gaming Keyboard. Sharkoon Tactix Gaming Keyboard: compact gaming keyboard with detachable wrist rest, 18-key rollover, interchangeable gaming keys and prog...
Sharkoon Drakonia gaming laser mouse - 06/29/2012 10:01 AM
Somebody has been watching Game of Thrones and got an idea. Sharkoon introduces the Drakonia gaming laser mouse, a new 29.99EUR mouse with a dragon design, 5000 dpi resolution, 11 programmable keys, ...
Sharkoon killer gaming keyboard with profiles - 06/22/2012 09:02 AM
Sharkoon presents Skiller, a new gaming keyboard with 18-key rollover, interchangeable gaming keys and programmable keys. It has a MSRP of 14.99EUR. Sharkoon brings to the market another innovation f...