Project-X: Building a new Guru3D.com test rig
Intel's X58 as you guys know can support both SLI and Crossfire, for us allowing one PC to test both, and for a reviewer that's pretty wicked really as we do not have to build multiple similar configured systems.
One to rule them all. We figured, let's make a new system and go a little crazy. So the guys over at Smooth Creations decided to help us out by taking care of a custom paintjob. I wanted, blue Guru3D colored flames with our logo stamped in there, with a black coating.
Here's what the Guru3D.com test-platform will look like for the reviews in 2009.
- Chassis - Silverstone Temjin TJ-10 aluminum
- Motherboard - ASUS X58 Rampage II Extreme ROG
- Intel Core i7 965 @ 3750 MHz
- Memory - OCZ DDR3 6 GB 1600 MHz 9:9:9:24
- PSU - 1200 Watt
- 3x HDD (one OS for ATI, one OS for NVIDIA, one 64-bit generic PC testing)
- 1x Optical drive
We wrote up a small 5 page article about this "Project-X", check it out right here.