OCZ Vertex 4 1.4
A short while ago we wrote an article about OCZ Vertex 4 1.4 firmware. Well it's out for grabs. The new update will bring significant performance increases to the product. If you decide to flash the firmware, remember to make a backup as this update will erase the data on your SSD.
- This is a destructive update. You MUST backup your data before performing the firmware update.
- Increased read performance at low queue depths
- Improved sequential write performance for 128GB and 256GB models
- Increased performance under specific workloads of mixed reads and writes
- Increased read performance on small file sizes (lower than 4K)
- Improved host compatibility with dated / uncommon BIOS revisions
- Improved stability when resuming from S3/S4 on older generation motherboards
OCZ Vertex 3 Low Profile SSDs - 05/22/2012 09:08 AM
OCZ has recently unveiled a new line of SSDs called the Vertex 3 Low Profile. Coming in 60GB, 120GB, 240GB and 480GB capacities, these slim 2.5-inch SSDs (7mm thick) are equipped with MLC NAND Flash m...
OCZ Vertex 4 SSD revisited with FW 1.4RC review - 05/08/2012 04:52 AM
We revisit the OCZ Vertex 4 256 and 512GB SSD review, this time with Firmware 1.4 which makes the drives much faster. Armed with a new Indilinx Everest 2 controller this SSD is advertised as one of th...
OCZ Vertex 3, Vertex 3 Max IOPS, Agility 3, Solid 3, RevoDrive 3 2.22 - 04/30/2012 12:15 PM
OCZ issued a series of firmware updates for the OCZ Vertex 3, Vertex 3 Max IOPS, Agility 3, Solid 3 and RevoDrive 3 bringing the firmware towards version 2.22 Issues resolved: Fixed a rare condition ...
OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 256GB and 512GB review - 04/05/2012 04:16 AM
We review the OCZ Vertex 4 256 and 512GB SSD. Armed with a new
OCZ Vertex 4 Solid State Drive spotted at CeBIT - 03/07/2012 07:51 AM
The Vertex 4 SSD is spotted at CeBIT, the SSD storage unit is no longer based on a SandForce controller but rather on around the Indilinx Everest 2 controller. The SSD is equipped with synchronous MLC...